Notices
Automotive Gallery Vehicle (meaning anything with an engine) and related pictures and videos go here, everything else goes in one of the Eye-Candy forums.

Snaefell

Old 12-29-2009, 05:07 PM
nortaP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded
Default Snaefell

I can't imagine a market there is for this awful machine.

I mean who was the guy that thought it would be awesome if his sport compact and his motorbike were the same vehicle?

Old 12-29-2009, 05:08 PM
Banned

R.King R.King R.King R.King R.King R.King R.King R.King R.King R.King R.King
Default Re: Snaefell

that was featured on popular science magazine about 2 issues back.

the guy built this from scratch with his own hands, and he does not plan on building more.

i dont like it either, its just cool that its a DIY project.

Last edited by R.King; 12-29-2009 at 05:12 PM.
Old 12-29-2009, 05:10 PM
Zerofucksgiven

Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello

No.
Old 12-29-2009, 05:11 PM
Banned

http://www.popsci.com/diy/article/20...luxury-sidecar

In 1989, François Knorreck took a long ride in the sidecar of a friend’s motorcycle and enjoyed it so much that he decided to build a rig of his own. Now, 20 years, 63 bodywork molds and innumerable headaches later, he has it: a handcrafted masterpiece that’s part motorcycle, part Lamborghini.
Knorreck, a 45-year-old French medical technician, started by sketching pencil designs and then built a full-
size wooden model. He had worked on motorcycles in the past, but figuring out how to distribute the sidecar’s weight and where to position its single wheel were wholly new challenges. After determining the dimensions, he machined an aluminum chassis and moved the sidecar’s wheel forward to keep the vehicle stable and prevent it from veering. He also had to beef up the motorcycle’s headstock bearing—a piece of the steering column that bears most of the sidecar’s weight.
At the motorcycle’s controls, Knorreck has pushed the vehicle to 125 miles an hour, near its estimated top speed, but never intends to fully open it up. After all, he says, despite the sidecar’s looks, it’s only along for the ride.

How the Real Life Lunar Lander Recplica Works
Time: Ten years
Cost: $22,000

An Artistic Masterpiece : “The part that I’m most proud of is the bodywork,” Knorreck says. “Not the design, but the high level of finishing.” Philippe Rony Photography

BODY

The sidecar isn’t merely welded to the motorcycle—the two are seamlessly linked, from the chassis to the wiring to the carbon-fiber, hand-crafted body. Getting the two pieces to work in concert was no easy feat. With the sidecar’s wheel positioned too far forward or back, the off-kilter weight distribution could cause the bike and sidecar to roll forward and to the right. (Errors distributing the vehicle’s 877 pounds could also put excess strain on the frame, leading to structural cracks.) To remedy these problems, Knorreck built an adjustable aluminum chassis so he could tinker with the wheelbase and other elements to see what worked best before adding interior parts. He found that moving the sidecar’s wheel forward just enough, relative to the motorcycle’s rear one, provided additional stability and ensured a straight ride.

FUEL

The original motorcycle had a gravity-fed system in which the fuel ran down to the carburetors from above. But Knorreck found that he had to relocate the tank and place it underneath the body of the sidecar. Then he added an electrical pump to route the fuel to the engine.

COMFORT

Knorreck built the entire frame and body of the sidecar (he had to make 63 different molds by hand to create its various carbon-fiber panels), but he’s no upholsterer, so he had a friend custom-manufacture the seats. Just in case tooling around in a freakishly cool sidecar wasn’t enough for his passengers (it can seat two at a time), he installed a stereo system. For that, however, he kept costs to a minimum, using an old radio from his father.

Old 12-29-2009, 05:13 PM
WEEEEEEEEEEE

TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT

Sense. That thing makes none.
Old 12-29-2009, 05:17 PM
Zerofucksgiven

Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello

Would've been more interesting if he could drive the shitbox from the car side as well...
Old 12-29-2009, 05:18 PM
Function > Form

6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY

Originally Posted by Cyanide Jello
Would've been more interesting if he could drive the shitbox from the car side as well...
When I first saw it, I thought that's how it would work.
Old 12-29-2009, 05:22 PM
Banned

i want to see him make a sharp left turn with a fat person in the car side.
Old 12-29-2009, 05:23 PM
Zerofucksgiven

Originally Posted by 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY
When I first saw it, I thought that's how it would work.
me too...

"looks like rain today, better slide the controls over and drive the 'car'"

Which could work if you thought about it long and hard enough... Put everything on a wireless steering wheel or handle bar setup that could transfer from the bike to the car...
Old 12-29-2009, 05:37 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Cyanide Jello
"looks like rain today, better slide the controls over and drive the 'car'"
that makes even less sense lol.