Notices
Automotive Gallery Vehicle (meaning anything with an engine) and related pictures and videos go here, everything else goes in one of the Eye-Candy forums.

For now, my Civic is Done.

Old 06-02-2012, 11:11 AM
Whatever it takes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ls/vtecstitch ls/vtecstitch ls/vtecstitch ls/vtecstitch ls/vtecstitch ls/vtecstitch ls/vtecstitch ls/vtecstitch ls/vtecstitch ls/vtecstitch ls/vtecstitch
Default Re: For now, my Civic is Done.

ive been looking for a 4 door EF to daily just like yours. I love these when they are not all beat up and haggard. they have such a clean look when cared for.
Old 06-02-2012, 04:53 PM
low&slow

slotoyo slotoyo slotoyo slotoyo slotoyo slotoyo slotoyo slotoyo slotoyo slotoyo slotoyo

Looks good! I actually like it better than your older EF. Keep it up!
Old 06-12-2012, 04:54 PM
Not-So-Fatty McFat

BLU CIVIC BLU CIVIC BLU CIVIC BLU CIVIC BLU CIVIC BLU CIVIC BLU CIVIC BLU CIVIC BLU CIVIC BLU CIVIC BLU CIVIC

^thanks

had a dyno day this past weekend
http://youtu.be/rY1_-NlGtRY
Old 06-13-2012, 08:39 PM
Sheeeit

Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch

Originally Posted by 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY

A track car... with drum brakes
Originally Posted by BLU CIVIC
drums are perfectly fine for my car for right now...i'll do a rear disc swap eventually
I simply dont feel like digging up the FS thread right now but there was a white crx souly built for autocross here on driven that ran HF aluminum drums. I have a track CRX build going on right now and asked the owner why he ran the HF drums instead of a rear disc swap, well i can`t remember exactly how he put it but it had something to do with how light our cars are and the amount of time you spend breaking...in the end the lighter aluminum drums from the HF ended up being more beneficial in auto cross than the disc swap.

^thanks

had a dyno day this past weekend
Hate to thread jack but i have a Vis CF trunk for ef sedan sitting around if interested. needs buff and re clear. I don`t have a sedan anymore.

Last edited by Hooch; 06-13-2012 at 08:42 PM.
Old 10-23-2012, 06:35 PM
Not-So-Fatty McFat

BLU CIVIC BLU CIVIC BLU CIVIC BLU CIVIC BLU CIVIC BLU CIVIC BLU CIVIC BLU CIVIC BLU CIVIC BLU CIVIC BLU CIVIC

bought a set of DA brakes in july from ls/vtecstitch and started to clean them up

got laid off from work and them my transmission decided to self destruct on my way to a job interview

got it all squared away. gears were still good, so we transferred everything over to a new case with a different diff

fast forward a couple months. new job and now oil coming from the head. i picked up a set of arp headstuds and decided i might was well up the boost a little, so got an onmi 2.5bar map sensor and 1bar spring

final numbers...think this was at like 11.5psi

1bar spring wasn't cooperating...reading only 10.1psi. tuner put a few washers in the wastegate and it was reading 13.5psi but would fall to 11.5psi. so i'm content with the number's it's making. getting close to maxing out that little turbo and intercooler since Precision rated for 300bhp. So i'm good with how the car is. Finish up the brakes over winter and see about some auto-x and hpde's when things warm up.
Old 10-24-2012, 06:27 AM
Whatever it takes

ls/vtecstitch ls/vtecstitch ls/vtecstitch ls/vtecstitch ls/vtecstitch ls/vtecstitch ls/vtecstitch ls/vtecstitch ls/vtecstitch ls/vtecstitch ls/vtecstitch

still my favorite ef sedan
Old 10-25-2012, 12:11 AM
<----BigBake

LXative LXative LXative LXative LXative LXative LXative LXative LXative LXative LXative

Love this cars sleeper effect. Well, its a sleeper until he puts his right foot into it anyways.
Old 01-16-2013, 06:56 PM
Not-So-Fatty McFat

not much of an update, still doing stuff off and on. hope to have it ready for some auto-x and hpde's this year

finally got parts ordered to finish the brakes, just need pads. Rep from Carbotech recommended XP8 up front and 1521 in the rear

Techna-fit ss brake lines matching calipers

bought a new rear decal also since mine was looking bad

Gearspeed diff bearing came last week and Wavetrac came today

and put this in last night...now have a place to put my phone and remote
Old 01-18-2013, 11:34 PM
Sheeeit

Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch

drums are perfectly fine for my car for right now...i'll do a rear disc swap eventually

Not really necessary, there was a full on auto X crx build here on driven a long while back that did a pretty good job of explaining why it is actually a better move to run with the HF aluminum drums apposed to a rear disc swap.

Had something to do with the amount of time actually spent under heavy braking conditions for the EF chassis in comparison to other cars and that they found much better lap times with the drastically lighter aluminum drums with practically no noticeable difference in braking performance. The weight lose pretty much trumped the discs in lap times over and over and over again. Thats the best i can remember since i have not seen the thread for a very very long time.

Would be worth looking into imo. The car was eventually parted out here on driven and i got to talk to the guy for a bit about his brake setup and the "whats & whys" of what he had done back when i still wanted a track whored rat rex.

Last edited by Hooch; 01-18-2013 at 11:39 PM.
Old 04-22-2014, 06:33 AM
Not-So-Fatty McFat

been a while since I updated this thread...

Did my 1st auto-x last year around this time

cracked ringlands and rebuilt the engine in May

installed an ITR cluster

Finally got my rear disc done and new front pads

OctoberFast at VIR - had fun chasing an E90 M3. Brian (Cobra4B) was my instructor during that session
http://youtu.be/NGvsaHGUL5U

Circuit Hero shift extender and Integra seats

old seats vs new

Sold my turbo kit in Febuary after letting my friend drive and cracked ringlands, again
using JDM ITR pistons

Picked up the car yesterday

still some small leaks to chase down, but it's still fun to drive. Plan on driving CMP in July and Road Atlanta in August. Reason I took the turbo kit off is b/c I still needed to spend another $500-$600 for a good oil cooler set-up so I could drive on track in the summer. I had the money for forged rods and pistons, but just didn't want to keep spending for that set-up. That, and with an oil cooler, my bay would be even more cramped. I'll eventually go back down that road, but not for a while.

Last edited by BLU CIVIC; 04-22-2014 at 06:51 AM.