Notices
Automotive Gallery Vehicle (meaning anything with an engine) and related pictures and videos go here, everything else goes in one of the Eye-Candy forums.

Not even making good power yet, and already breaking stuff.

Old 10-27-2009, 05:48 PM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E
Default Re: Not even making good power yet, and already breaking stuff.

Originally Posted by BCisme
12.63 @ 111. the power is obviously lower than i thought, gotta get it on a dyno and find out what the problem is. probably too soft a tune and maybe not seeing much boost at all.
Im wondering what the tune would have to do with the boost level? Do mustangs not run off wastegate spring/boost controller?

If so, what springs are you running in the wastegates? That is what boost you should be seeing, atleast in the honda turbo world its that way. Correct me if im wrong.
Old 10-27-2009, 05:53 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Originally Posted by WALL-E
Im wondering what the tune would have to do with the boost level? Do mustangs not run off wastegate spring/boost controller?

If so, what springs are you running in the wastegates? That is what boost you should be seeing, atleast in the honda turbo world its that way. Correct me if im wrong.
A boost controller (or an ECU with boost control) will override the wastegate spring by bleeding off the wastegate reference pressure. So the wastegate spring doesn't really set much of anything unless you're running the wastegate by itself with no other outside interference.

But yeah, you're right if there isn't a boost controller.
Old 10-27-2009, 05:57 PM
Registered member

WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
A boost controller (or an ECU with boost control) will override the wastegate spring by bleeding off the wastegate reference pressure. So the wastegate spring doesn't really set much of anything unless you're running the wastegate by itself with no other outside interference.

But yeah, you're right if there isn't a boost controller.

Yah, im just wondering what kind of boost controller he is running than. If it is a ECU based one, it would be easy to find out how much boost its running.
Old 10-27-2009, 06:05 PM
Registered Member

Mecheng88 is a jewel in the roughMecheng88 is a jewel in the roughMecheng88 is a jewel in the roughMecheng88 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by tie fitr
Pulled the tranny this morning.

Magnum should be here Wednesday, and the accompanying Drive shaft should be here Thursday. So Hopefully I will still make the VMP rental on Friday.
god damn. that thing must be making alot of power. stupid question, was it a stock trans or a built one?
Old 10-27-2009, 06:09 PM
Full Retard

tie fitr tie fitr tie fitr tie fitr tie fitr tie fitr tie fitr tie fitr tie fitr tie fitr tie fitr

Originally Posted by Mecheng88
god damn. that thing must be making alot of power. stupid question, was it a stock trans or a built one?
It was a stock Viper spec, that was face plated. The car is only making 700 right now.
Old 10-27-2009, 06:21 PM
Registered Member

Mecheng88 is a jewel in the roughMecheng88 is a jewel in the roughMecheng88 is a jewel in the roughMecheng88 is a jewel in the rough

damn, once i get a car up at school and get some free time i need to go to some of these events. sounds like the mustang would scream down the track. havent seen muscle cars go down the track except for like 1 time and that was NOPI(haha) and tv.

hope you can get everything fixed and see 1000+ hp numbers haha.
Old 10-27-2009, 06:43 PM
WHITE TRASH

SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR

Originally Posted by tie fitr
It was a stock Viper spec, that was face plated. The car is only making 700 right now.

I'm gonna try and wonder to VMP if the weather looks decent. Only as a spectator, I don't want to pay $100 to run 13's in my vette.
Old 10-27-2009, 08:11 PM
SSSSSVT

91 Hatch 91 Hatch 91 Hatch 91 Hatch 91 Hatch 91 Hatch 91 Hatch 91 Hatch 91 Hatch 91 Hatch 91 Hatch

Originally Posted by WALL-E

hes talking about two different things

1 being the tune. He odered a online tune for the car. Its the first tune they made for a turbo kit with the comp "thumper"cams. So im sure there isnt much timing and a very rich fuel curve to keep it VERY safe

2 is boost. its a 76mm with a .96 a/r and he has 4.10 gears. So the gearing is not loading the motor up good enough and is killing spool time. So soon as it builds boost up he has to shift, so hes probably not seeing much boost in 1st and 2nd. There is no boost controller it is running off just the wastegate(8psi).
Old 10-27-2009, 08:15 PM
-8th Day Clothing-

Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck

Originally Posted by SMOKEYBEAR

I'm gonna try and wonder to VMP if the weather looks decent. Only as a spectator, I don't want to pay $100 to run 13's in my vette.
Need a passenger? Im off on Friday and could go watch Shane break more shit.
Old 10-27-2009, 08:17 PM
-8th Day Clothing-

Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck

Ive done that one before .... I believe its still on the floor in our garage