Notices
Automotive Gallery Vehicle (meaning anything with an engine) and related pictures and videos go here, everything else goes in one of the Eye-Candy forums.

New Toy....

Old 09-08-2010, 08:55 PM
Hp sells, Tq wins

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ITRSoon is infamous around these partsITRSoon is infamous around these partsITRSoon is infamous around these partsITRSoon is infamous around these partsITRSoon is infamous around these partsITRSoon is infamous around these partsITRSoon is infamous around these partsITRSoon is infamous around these partsITRSoon is infamous around these partsITRSoon is infamous around these partsITRSoon is infamous around these parts
Default Re: New Toy....

Originally Posted by Reloaded
I'm not knock ya hussle son, but the Ford 5.0 and 5.8 have tall intake manifolds and it can be tough to fit one under a stock hood.
If miata engine bay clear a 5.0 then im sure a 240 bay will too...
Old 09-08-2010, 09:13 PM
TAINT PUNCHER!

Slooby Slooby Slooby Slooby Slooby Slooby Slooby Slooby Slooby Slooby Slooby

Originally Posted by WishIHadaSilvia
I know someone selling a E46 M3 motorset with EVERYTHING. That would certainly be different .

Aside from recommending that you build the suspension/basically everything else before you do much motor work so you can appreciate the car (as you stated), I would say 1JZ it simply because it is so damn cheap and you can make a shit load of power. The only issue is the motor is heavy and a straight six so it'll mess with your weight balance a little.
well im definitly new to these cars so it'll be a learning experience, what suspension, ect would you suggest i go with.
Old 09-08-2010, 09:45 PM
I Roll Fenders

WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia

Wellll, as far as adjustability, cost, comfort, and performance goes Fortune kind of has everyone beat in the coilover department. Unless you're trying to spend KW Clubsport or Moton $$$ on your suspension.

As far as adjustable arms go, SPL makes the best product out there, period. Powered by Max (also called parts shop max - PBM or PSM for short) makes very good products as well. Both companies are constantly redesigning their products to make them better/stronger/easier to use.

PBM is currently testing out fully adjustable control arms to adjust roll center. I wouldn't say that's something you need to worry about right away, but if you want to slam the car and have nearly proper suspension geometry then its something to be excited about.

To start off though, I'd get coilovers, front tension rods, inner and outer tie rods if yours are shot, rear camber arms (RUCA) and rear toe arms. Some decent strut bars and sway bars would be nice too, but not necessary to have fun.

Since you have a S14 you can bolt on S14 5-lug hubs front and back if you want 5-lug. If you want to upgrade brakes you have a HUGE number of options. For a stock upgrade I prefer the Q45 brakes simply because you don't have to worry about wheel clearance and they stop just about as good as the Z32 brakes.

Also, LSD LSD LSD LSD LSD. It makes the car, seriously. I would stay away from VLSDs and welded diffs and just save up for a real LSD.....theres nothing wrong with throwing something in temporarily but it is a PITA to change the diff so you might as well only do it once.
Old 09-09-2010, 05:22 AM
Band

paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket

'grats mah fren.

have you considered a turbo? or are you going all motor?
Old 09-09-2010, 05:33 AM
Blang Blang

sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com

Originally Posted by DEEEEEEEEEEEERP
dont use an ls motor. Go 350.
There are currently 2 s13's in the area with 350's in them. granted they arent up and running yet, but they are out there
Old 09-09-2010, 05:38 AM
TAINT PUNCHER!

Alright i'll definitly start looking for some of those parts. As far as the 5lug hubs would it be better to get them from a parts house new or find some used ones, also what would be the best place to get an lsd from. There is someone selling two of them on craigslist but i dont know if those are good to used or not. Thanks for the help.
Old 09-09-2010, 05:41 AM
boom tick boom tick

Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum

put a 3 rotor in it.
Old 09-09-2010, 05:45 AM
TAINT PUNCHER!

Originally Posted by gnarlycharlie4u
'grats mah fren.

have you considered a turbo? or are you going all motor?
havent fully decided yet.
Old 09-09-2010, 06:15 AM
Drives a Mustang

TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6

congrats. an lsx swap would be the easiest, but how about a nice 5.0 + boost?

how much do these cars weigh?
Old 09-09-2010, 06:53 AM
low&slow

slotoyo slotoyo slotoyo slotoyo slotoyo slotoyo slotoyo slotoyo slotoyo slotoyo slotoyo

VQ35 motor?

ive sen this before but did a quick google seach and found this. dont really know if its one of those common rare swaps(i know oxymoron) in s-chassis cars.

http://my350z.com/forum/na-builds/37...s13-350sx.html

Quick Reply: New Toy....