Notices
Automotive Gallery Vehicle (meaning anything with an engine) and related pictures and videos go here, everything else goes in one of the Eye-Candy forums.

New purchase inside: 07 Honda Civic Si Sedan

Old 11-01-2010, 05:52 AM
ladies love my foam.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam
Default Re: New purchase inside: 07 Honda Civic Si Sedan

Originally Posted by L_U_C_K
Looks good, I had a 2008 Ex-L, I loved it but traded it in for a Truck.
did you have any problems with it i should watch out for?
Old 11-01-2010, 05:58 AM
######

L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K

Yes, only issue I had, that is not a recall. the control arms were off in the front of mine. It cause a horrible Toe in the front and killed my tires. The dealership said they would not replace it, and i would have to pay to get it fixed, mind you hi bought it new with extended warranty. Luckily my buddy works at Honda and talked to his GM and got me new tires and fixed the issue. Other than that, nothing that comes to mind.
Old 11-01-2010, 05:59 AM
Awesome

RtryPwr RtryPwr RtryPwr RtryPwr RtryPwr RtryPwr RtryPwr RtryPwr RtryPwr RtryPwr RtryPwr

A lot of people seem to have problems with a 2nd gear grind above 6k RPMs. I don't really have the issue but like I said it seems to be fairly common. Check out 8thcivic.com, it has most of the common issues listed there.
Old 11-01-2010, 06:08 AM
ladies love my foam.

Originally Posted by L_U_C_K
Yes, only issue I had, that is not a recall. the control arms were off in the front of mine. It cause a horrible Toe in the front and killed my tires. The dealership said they would not replace it, and i would have to pay to get it fixed, mind you hi bought it new with extended warranty. Luckily my buddy works at Honda and talked to his GM and got me new tires and fixed the issue. Other than that, nothing that comes to mind.
yea i've got the warranty til 100k miles... had a recent alignment done and all seems to be well in that area... the trans it's hard to say because im not used to it yet... but im going to take it to the dealership end of this week and talk with them about it.

Originally Posted by RtryPwr
A lot of people seem to have problems with a 2nd gear grind above 6k RPMs. I don't really have the issue but like I said it seems to be fairly common. Check out 8thcivic.com, it has most of the common issues listed there.
i've actually been lurking around on that site for the past couple days checking out various things
Old 11-01-2010, 06:28 AM
Oh hey

TiredToyotaDrvr TiredToyotaDrvr TiredToyotaDrvr TiredToyotaDrvr TiredToyotaDrvr TiredToyotaDrvr TiredToyotaDrvr TiredToyotaDrvr TiredToyotaDrvr TiredToyotaDrvr TiredToyotaDrvr

Originally Posted by Jarrod
I agree.
Also they feel comparable to my ITR as far as driving them hard. The steering feels alot more washed up but it is still an amazing car for what it is.
I've thought about buying one in the four door model and white as well.

Make sure you get the 3rd gear recall. Even if it isn't grinding; I'd go in and say it has before. (trust me on this )
What does the 3rd gear recall consist of?? My 6 speed k20a2 tranny grinds 3rd every so often. It's definitely definitely out of warranty, so I'll do the work myself... just curious.
Old 11-01-2010, 06:52 AM
ladies love my foam.

Originally Posted by TiredToyotaDrvr
What does the 3rd gear recall consist of?? My 6 speed k20a2 tranny grinds 3rd every so often. It's definitely definitely out of warranty, so I'll do the work myself... just curious.
close up of your avatar.

now.
Old 11-01-2010, 07:19 AM
Oh hey

TiredToyotaDrvr TiredToyotaDrvr TiredToyotaDrvr TiredToyotaDrvr TiredToyotaDrvr TiredToyotaDrvr TiredToyotaDrvr TiredToyotaDrvr TiredToyotaDrvr TiredToyotaDrvr TiredToyotaDrvr

Originally Posted by iFoam
close up of your avatar.

now.
Tell me about the recall and we'll talk : D

3rd gear synchros maybe?? When I shift high (7-8.5k RPM) out of second, it grinds into third... dont have the problem in any other gears. Just curious what Honda's fix is.
Old 11-01-2010, 09:24 AM
nortaP

Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded

Originally Posted by iFoam
im not going to sell it soon.... but this is my 66th vehicle and anyone that knows me knows im a car whore.
Trade for EK hatch with no title, plus cash on your end?
Old 11-01-2010, 11:17 AM
braap braap

Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod

Tell me about the recall and we'll talk : D

3rd gear synchros maybe?? When I shift high (7-8.5k RPM) out of second, it grinds into third... dont have the problem in any other gears. Just curious what Honda's fix is.
It's usually the Hub and Slider. Ignorant Honda people who sell cheap shit on drag say ' yah uh its got a 2nd gear grind and its mos def the 2nd gear syncros."

If you don't have experience with transmissions I suggest you take it to someone who has experience with them.
Most of the time the shit is soo small; you have had hard time seeing it unless you've seen it before.

OP. The transmission and the sun-visors; specifically the driver side one; break alot. Dealers keep that part in stock for the most part aswell.

Enjoy the car.
(also. pay the chump at teh dealership to do your oilchange. I do all my own work and if I bought one; that motherfucker would be up there to get it done. I HATED doing those oil-changes. )
Old 11-01-2010, 05:22 PM
Awesome

RtryPwr RtryPwr RtryPwr RtryPwr RtryPwr RtryPwr RtryPwr RtryPwr RtryPwr RtryPwr RtryPwr

free oil changes for life ftw

Quick Reply: New purchase inside: 07 Honda Civic Si Sedan