Notices
Automotive Gallery Vehicle (meaning anything with an engine) and related pictures and videos go here, everything else goes in one of the Eye-Candy forums.

New Ken Block Gymkhana Unseen footage (serious)

Old 04-06-2009, 07:39 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher
Default Re: New Ken Block Gymkhana Unseen footage (serious)

The tranny he uses doesnt use dccd...the car makes 530awhp with an antilag setup so Im sure he makes full TQ at a LOW rpm (like 3 grand)...itd probably do an axis spin with slicks on the car. I believe his car is the typical 65/35 R/F split (hense the ridiculous smoke out back, and less smoke up front).

Last edited by Muncher; 04-06-2009 at 07:45 PM.
Old 04-06-2009, 07:54 PM
braap braap

Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod

So wait wait wait...

How much would it cost to build one like this? Drivetrain and motor and turbo setup.

That shit looks like way too much fucking fun.

<~~~ Wishes I had skills like that.
Old 04-06-2009, 08:02 PM
draggin elbows

I<3ballsweat I<3ballsweat I<3ballsweat I<3ballsweat I<3ballsweat I<3ballsweat I<3ballsweat I<3ballsweat I<3ballsweat I<3ballsweat I<3ballsweat

Originally Posted by Jarrod
So wait wait wait...

How much would it cost to build one like this? Drivetrain and motor and turbo setup.

That shit looks like way too much fucking fun.

<~~~ Wishes I had skills like that.
uhh alot.

the turbo setup i have in mind is going to be more then 9k all said and done. which is why im going to end up buying a gsxr600 instead and buying coilovers for my car

thats stock transmission aswell.

i know fred a member here "japslapr" has a built dogbox in his car but idk what it cost
Old 04-06-2009, 08:20 PM
I Roll Fenders

WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia

If dog box set ups cost the same as SR20 gear sets then it is at least 7k for the gears alone...you still have to put it together.

PS Jarrod it would be much cheaper to just build a RWD car and drift, lol.

Last edited by WishIHadaSilvia; 04-06-2009 at 08:28 PM.
Old 04-06-2009, 08:33 PM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

I like this version of the vid better than the first! Good find. +rep
Old 04-06-2009, 08:36 PM
Registered Member

Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher

The motor build itself isnt crazy. Its a fully built Crawfor short block, Crawford time attack heads, GT30R turbo, Crawford FMIC, Cawfor oil cooler, 740cc injectors, 255 pump and 118 oct.

I stand corrected...it is a stock STI tranny w/ Exedy triple disk.

Thats basically the drive train. Mix that with one badass supention setup and you have yourself one badass piece of machinery.

There are personal built cars out there that are beyond this build but it still a very expensive car to build/maintain considering its driving habits, lol.

Originally Posted by I<3ballsweat
uhh alot.

the turbo setup i have in mind is going to be more then 9k all said and done. which is why im going to end up buying a gsxr600 instead and buying coilovers for my car

thats stock transmission aswell.

i know fred a member here "japslapr" has a built dogbox in his car but idk what it cost
Or you could just throw a GT35R with meth and run with 600s

Originally Posted by WishIHadaSilvia
If dog box set ups cost the same as SR20 gear sets then it is at least 7k for the gears alone...you still have to put it together.
Andrewtech in Maryland usually does most of the tranny builds in the Subaru community, They built my tranny. A PPG doxbox for our cars is upward of 8K. You send them your case, they assemble it and send it back to you...but its really uneeded unless your makin way more than 500awhp.

A cheaper alternative would be to do the PPG straight cut 1-4 w/ stock 5th build. Its STRONG. Would still cost aroung 5 though.

Last edited by Muncher; 04-06-2009 at 09:18 PM.
Old 04-06-2009, 08:49 PM
Pizza Delivery Guy

supranite90 is infamous around these partssupranite90 is infamous around these partssupranite90 is infamous around these partssupranite90 is infamous around these partssupranite90 is infamous around these partssupranite90 is infamous around these partssupranite90 is infamous around these partssupranite90 is infamous around these partssupranite90 is infamous around these partssupranite90 is infamous around these partssupranite90 is infamous around these parts

vid is fairly old in my opinion...but still bad ass
Old 04-06-2009, 08:51 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by supranite90
vid is fairly old in my opinion...but still bad ass
This video isnt old...the original is, but his isnt the same video...this video was to show unseen footage as well as some outakes.
Old 04-06-2009, 09:45 PM
I Roll Fenders

WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia

Originally Posted by Muncher
The motor build itself isnt crazy. Its a fully built Crawfor short block, Crawford time attack heads, GT30R turbo, Crawford FMIC, Cawfor oil cooler, 740cc injectors, 255 pump and 118 oct.

I stand corrected...it is a stock STI tranny w/ Exedy triple disk.

Thats basically the drive train. Mix that with one badass supention setup and you have yourself one badass piece of machinery.

There are personal built cars out there that are beyond this build but it still a very expensive car to build/maintain considering its driving habits, lol.

Andrewtech in Maryland usually does most of the tranny builds in the Subaru community, They built my tranny. A PPG doxbox for our cars is upward of 8K. You send them your case, they assemble it and send it back to you...but its really uneeded unless your makin way more than 500awhp.

A cheaper alternative would be to do the PPG straight cut 1-4 w/ stock 5th build. Its STRONG. Would still cost aroung 5 though.
That's what I'd prefer anyway, so that's good to know.
Old 04-06-2009, 09:58 PM
draggin elbows

I<3ballsweat I<3ballsweat I<3ballsweat I<3ballsweat I<3ballsweat I<3ballsweat I<3ballsweat I<3ballsweat I<3ballsweat I<3ballsweat I<3ballsweat

Originally Posted by Muncher

thats what my setup i wanted was, a full perrin 35r rotated kit. but i dont want to risk reliability on my DD

id rather buy a 600 stretch it 6inches and lower it and do full exhaust and program it.