Notices
Automotive Gallery Vehicle (meaning anything with an engine) and related pictures and videos go here, everything else goes in one of the Eye-Candy forums.

My Turbo IS300

Old 09-26-2011, 01:43 PM
slingshot engage.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin'
Default Re: My Turbo IS300

Turn your Rep on.

I like how stockish it looks. I saw this at Rameybuilt, also, methinks.
Old 09-27-2011, 05:50 AM
Registered Member

civicguy98 has disabled reputation

what up bro? car looks good. let me know if youre going to freedom wash sat i wanna see it in person.
Old 09-27-2011, 06:13 AM
Walmart Greeter

joney3jonez is infamous around these partsjoney3jonez is infamous around these partsjoney3jonez is infamous around these partsjoney3jonez is infamous around these partsjoney3jonez is infamous around these partsjoney3jonez is infamous around these partsjoney3jonez is infamous around these partsjoney3jonez is infamous around these partsjoney3jonez is infamous around these partsjoney3jonez is infamous around these partsjoney3jonez is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by 5 speed auto
Ohh, I might not mess with it and just put a 2JZ-GTE complete swap in and keep my 5 speed tranny.
A GTE swap is pretty cool, definately looks way cleaner, there isnt a big difference between the 2JZ-GE and GTE, the GTE has oil squirters and stronger Rods and Pistons . If i was you i would have my engine built and get some rods and pistons from the SupraForums for very cheap. Dont forget the stock W55 manual tranny is only good for about 350rwhp reliably.

Last edited by joney3jonez; 09-27-2011 at 06:51 AM.
Old 09-27-2011, 06:16 AM
Walmart Greeter

joney3jonez is infamous around these partsjoney3jonez is infamous around these partsjoney3jonez is infamous around these partsjoney3jonez is infamous around these partsjoney3jonez is infamous around these partsjoney3jonez is infamous around these partsjoney3jonez is infamous around these partsjoney3jonez is infamous around these partsjoney3jonez is infamous around these partsjoney3jonez is infamous around these partsjoney3jonez is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by civicguy98
what up bro? car looks good. let me know if youre going to freedom wash sat i wanna see it in person.
yea if you want to go let me know, you can stop by my house and we could go together, which freedom, ive only been to the one in VA Beach on independence.
Old 09-27-2011, 07:36 AM
Registered Member

civicguy98 has disabled reputation

i think thats the one. my friend went last sat. i never been up there i heard its cool tho. ill hit you up tho
Old 10-09-2011, 04:00 PM
Walmart Greeter

the car is still running strong, the other day a guy wanted to trade me his 1995 NA MK4 Supra , it was so tempting because it was my favorite color on Toyotas (white). Was tempted but i like four dours and going back to a non turbo GE was a turn off. if i had the money i would of bought it , he was seliing it for 14,000 would of talked him down to 11,000 tho. I would love a Supra sitting next to my IS in my driveway, maybe next time.
Old 10-10-2011, 06:41 AM
3D Wheel Designer

5 speed auto 5 speed auto 5 speed auto 5 speed auto 5 speed auto 5 speed auto 5 speed auto 5 speed auto 5 speed auto 5 speed auto 5 speed auto

Originally Posted by joney3jonez
A GTE swap is pretty cool, definately looks way cleaner, there isnt a big difference between the 2JZ-GE and GTE, the GTE has oil squirters and stronger Rods and Pistons . If i was you i would have my engine built and get some rods and pistons from the SupraForums for very cheap. Dont forget the stock W55 manual tranny is only good for about 350rwhp reliably.
I didnt know that about the stock tranny. Hmm, maybe Ill do a GTE Head with an OEM tt setup on low boost. A full GTE swap is looking pricey.

Do you still have AC, PS?
Old 10-10-2011, 01:04 PM
Walmart Greeter

Yea I still have a/c , heated seats, and my paddle shifters. I'm just worried if I use a stand alone I will loose some features, I will do some research and find out. But I obvisously don't boost with the ac on. Lol

Edit: the auto tranny is good for about 430-450 if built with upgraded valve body, tranny cooler, and upgraded sprag gears. Unfortunately you can't upgrade the manual to hold more power.

Last edited by joney3jonez; 10-10-2011 at 01:08 PM.
Old 11-28-2011, 04:53 PM
Walmart Greeter

I wanting to trade for a NA mk4 supra lately, boost might be over my head, I need something I won't want to keep modding and putting money into.
Old 12-01-2011, 02:25 PM
Walmart Greeter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mT1hNmDHU8

checkout my video.

Last edited by joney3jonez; 12-01-2011 at 03:59 PM.

Quick Reply: My Turbo IS300