Notices
Automotive Gallery Vehicle (meaning anything with an engine) and related pictures and videos go here, everything else goes in one of the Eye-Candy forums.

My bad day at the track...

Old 04-22-2011, 06:08 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
scottg is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: My bad day at the track...

Glad to see the suggestion on the frame shop worked out in the end... and that Blue M3 in the early pics is the hotness!!
Old 04-22-2011, 06:36 PM
Registered member

TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris

Originally Posted by scottg
Glad to see the suggestion on the frame shop worked out in the end... and that Blue M3 in the early pics is the hotness!!
Yes,and it's for sale!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1995-...item3cb724e651
Old 04-24-2011, 04:51 PM

impound has disabled reputation

Did you ever get a bill from VIR?
Old 04-24-2011, 04:57 PM
Registered member

TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris

Originally Posted by impound
Did you ever get a bill from VIR?
I didn't.I guess either VIR never billed Trackdaze,or Trackdaze absorbed the cost.Either way,thanks to both parties!

*****Small update:***********
Today I trimmed the rear fender lips(the inner 1/8"-1/4" had started to rust)to get out the rust and also gain tire clearance.Primed and seam-sealed the panels afterwards.I do have one spot of rust on the passenger fender lip that I'll have to cut out and patch.Car is basically ready for paint,although I'm still not sure that'll happen before Trackdaze and Expo in June.

I also welded tabs on the top two primary tubes of my header so that they can be bolted together to make them seal.The header(a Hytech knockoff)came with retention bolts on only the two bottom tubes.the top tubes never have sealed,so hopefully this will fix it.

In unrelated news,I started test fitting different tire sizes on the M3 for the CCWs.I think I'll be going 10" wide rears with 255s,and 9.5" wide fronts with 245s.Now to just get the money together to order my other two wheels.
Old 05-15-2011, 01:34 PM
Registered member

UPDATE:

-Hooked up an oil pressure gauge to the car and rode around for a while.My last suspicion that there was some culprit other than the gasket O-ring was that if the oil pressure was for some reason too high.Riding around today,pressure would never go over at 80psi all the way to the rev limiter.Check that off the list.

-I had planned on painting the car before the next event,but that doesn't look to be happening.It's amazing how quickly things creep up on you.I talked to a friend of mine who runs a graphics shop about wrapping the car in red vinyl.I thought it would be cool since you could just recover the fenders and bumper when they got chipped up from track use.All he had in stock was matte black.While this looks cool on a newer,expensive car,on a 20 year old shitbox Civic it just looks like you've primered it and can't afford to paint it.He's checking on pricing for a new 3M vinyl that is very glossy and looks like paint.Assuming it's cheaper than painting the car and I can get it done in time,I'll go this route.
One other option I'm going to look into is roller painting the car.When I heard of this,it seems like something a ghetto ricer would do,but apparently it can look pretty good.I've got to research it more.
The biggest thing is that I just hate relying on somebody else for anything.The person that was going to paint my car can only do it on weekends,and I won't have a free weekend for a while.

-Today I installed the body panels for good(I will readjust for better fitment later,just running out of time for now).Installed the chin spoiler on the new bumper(I decided to leave the green Armco paint on there).Installed overflow tank(had to relocate it since the CAI covers the stock mounting point),CAI,and any other parts I'd removed for the frame shop.
For the most part,I'm ready to go except for getting the hood on and brake/tranny fluid flushes.I really wanted to drive the car back home today to start getting some miles on it,but wasn't able to finish everything.Hopefully next weekend i can get it done and get a few hundred miles on it before VIR.

-I cut out most of the rear fender lips to gain more tire clearance for later.The quarters are so rusty the rolling tool just busts up the metal,so this was my only real option.I left about an 1/8" lip which I then spot welded periodically since I cut out the original spot welds.Sprayed the exposed metal with primer and put seam sealer on the new joint between the body and quarter skin.

-I also picked up an upgrade for the car.A friend's sister had this Fluidyne Integra radiator sitting around brand new for a few years now.I gave her $100 for it!Score!Sorry,no pics of her.neg rep.

rear fender lips:

How the car will look for now(plus a hood,of course):

Engine bay mostly finished.Still need to install battery tie-down and heat protection on the overflow tank:
Old 05-15-2011, 04:36 PM
Registered Member

Nb-fiver has disabled reputation

Ouch.
Old 05-18-2011, 05:08 PM
Registered member

So,change of plans.......
The 3M vinyl that looks like paint for wrapping cars would be like $800 for enough to do my car.That's not economically feasible right now,and I don't have the money to get it painted either right now.So,today I was looking and found pics of the Art Project BMW M3 from the Le Mans series last year.Basically,I'm thinking about replicating this(though in not nearly as much detail)on my car for the next two events,then getting it painted.My friend that runs the sign shop should have enough scrap vinyl to do most of this,so I should have very little money in it.
What do ya'll think?Gay or cool,not that gay is a bad thing,m'kay? Keep in mind it's a track car,not street car.

Replace current windshield banner withone that says "Rainbowz!FABULOUS!"

Last edited by TNGChris; 05-18-2011 at 05:24 PM.
Old 05-18-2011, 05:11 PM
Troll & Run

ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD

rattle bomb it...its a track car?
Old 05-18-2011, 05:12 PM
RIP DRAGVA-2016

NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch

that shit would fuck with people on the track man, and you should do it
Old 05-18-2011, 05:23 PM
Registered member

Originally Posted by ShawnD
rattle bomb it...its a track car?
Yeah,but I'd like for it to look halfway decent.I know it's a Civic and all,but damn,haha.

At Expo every year you have some retard with a crazy getup on their car(grafitti,covered in painter's tape,etc)......I want to be the retard this year.