Notices
Automotive Gallery Vehicle (meaning anything with an engine) and related pictures and videos go here, everything else goes in one of the Eye-Candy forums.

My AW11 Build...Round 2

Old 05-18-2012, 09:52 PM
C.R.E.A.M

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM
Default Re: My AW11 Build...Round 2

Originally Posted by TATTRAT
Are we gonna get the Tall Man, Ed China on this?

He's got his spanners ready, to rejuvenate this fantastic little motor.

::cut scene bam bam dannnaaa::
Old 05-18-2012, 10:13 PM
WEEEEEEEEEEE

TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT

Now to see if we can pass this cracking little motor, ON FOR A PROFIT! I've put it in the local MR2 enthusiast club paper, and here's Elvenrod, A real looker, but WILL he be willing to come off with the quids I am asking?
Old 05-19-2012, 02:59 AM
I <3 Hikki Chan!

ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE

Wow you guys totally lost me.
Old 05-19-2012, 03:01 AM
I <3 Hikki Chan!

ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE

wow, OLD car was clean!

What kind of performance do these things have? How do they handle?

In for something different, looking forward to seeing what ya do.
They're not the fastest things around (Although a 4AGZE twin charged can be incredibly fast) but the best thing they do is corner. They're tricky to setup though. Probably going to get double adjustable Konis and GCs for it. I don't intend to slam it and I want good ride quality as well as good cornering.
Old 05-19-2012, 11:30 AM
C.R.E.A.M

DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM

Now to see if we can pass this cracking little motor, ON FOR A PROFIT! I've put it in the local MR2 enthusiast club paper, and here's Elvenrod, A real looker, but WILL he be willing to come off with the quids I am asking?
The advert I posted in the community, created quite a buzz.

Here's Steve a bloke wanting a dream motor.

A sale price of 8,000 pounds gives us just 100 quid profit...Its not about the cash, this stunning cou-pay has a new home...I wish this chap all the best with a cracking motor..TA DA!!

Old 05-19-2012, 12:48 PM
Brofecta

ShadowStyle2DX ShadowStyle2DX ShadowStyle2DX ShadowStyle2DX ShadowStyle2DX ShadowStyle2DX ShadowStyle2DX ShadowStyle2DX ShadowStyle2DX ShadowStyle2DX ShadowStyle2DX

Originally Posted by ProbeGT-ZE
Isn't your AE86 20V? LoL 4AGZE would make for a better daily driver. Mid-range power is great with that engine. I dunno, MSPNP just came out for the 4AGE 16V in the AW11 so I might just buy the SC parts and toss it onto the NA motor.
Parts are expensive to get since its jdmtightyo. The GZ motor was in a usdm car so.... Also getting any more power out of the blacktop is tricky/expensive.

But the 9k rev limit and ITB's will bring the boys to the yard

Can you 'easily' swap in the 6 speed from the AE111?
Old 05-19-2012, 01:36 PM
I <3 Hikki Chan!

Originally Posted by ShadowStyle2DX
Parts are expensive to get since its jdmtightyo. The GZ motor was in a usdm car so.... Also getting any more power out of the blacktop is tricky/expensive.

But the 9k rev limit and ITB's will bring the boys to the yard

Can you 'easily' swap in the 6 speed from the AE111?
Easily...no, it either requires swapping the 6spd guts into the MR2 casing or drilling a hole to swap the shift selector around for RWD configuration. I WANT to do it though.

The GZE engine is makes the engine bay really cramped...I mean getting a DLI/MAP setup would make it a little cleaner but I intend to retain A/C (the 20V makes this easier) as I will be DDng this car. I dunno...the engine swap won't happen until early next year most likely as I'm trying to rebuild the funds since I just recently bought a house.
Old 05-20-2012, 01:41 PM
Shortbus never came.

HerNameIsSway HerNameIsSway HerNameIsSway HerNameIsSway HerNameIsSway HerNameIsSway HerNameIsSway HerNameIsSway HerNameIsSway HerNameIsSway HerNameIsSway

I vote going for 4agze. They are so nice; I had it in my AE86 for a while. Maybe pick up an SC14 if you can find one. Man you got me thinking about getting my projects re-prioritized. That's my third project in line, haha.
Old 05-20-2012, 05:37 PM
I <3 Hikki Chan!

Yeah, I'm just debating between power or simplicity. I've ALWAYS had bad luck with any form of forced induction (can't keep my foot out of the loud pedal) so NA would probably be more up my alley.
Old 05-22-2012, 07:03 AM
NEO VVL N1 BITCHES

JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot

2zz.. 200+whp na with nearly no work and not too hard or expensive to get hold of.

Quick Reply: My AW11 Build...Round 2