Notices
Automotive Gallery Vehicle (meaning anything with an engine) and related pictures and videos go here, everything else goes in one of the Eye-Candy forums.

Looks like Jalopnik's renderings of the C7 were accurate...

Old 01-20-2012, 05:01 AM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask
Default Re: Looks like Jalopnik's renderings of the C7 were accurate...

Originally Posted by Tito
i still really like a C5 vet done right, i just wish they has better interiors.
Have you sat in a C5 interior? I think they're better than the C6's.
Old 01-20-2012, 05:14 AM
GLHF

WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo

It seems like cars these days are all trying to look like a dodge. Dodge was one of the first to come out with the big bulky looking cars, which worked for them. Now, you have the mustangs, camaros, corvettes, tacoma/tundra, all getting bigger and bulky, The mustange and camaro being perfect examples.

A sports car can sacrafice interior room or what have you if that is the advantage of bulky cars. Also, the fact that they come with 20's, baffles me as I see the going in the opposite direction (bigger wheels typically meaning heavier and harder to turn)

I wish a lot of cars these days could be put on a diet. This has been my thinking for a couple years now.
Old 01-20-2012, 05:18 AM
Fanboi

Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B

Originally Posted by WishIHadaSilvia
When you say smaller, do you mean they took the design and scrunched it up so it was all bulky and retarded looking?

If they change the length and width they need to change the height. The proportions Chevy has been giving all of their vehicles is total truck status.
You're comparing a stock car (wheels, ride height, etc.) to a nicely modded car. And yes, the C5 is a sleek sexy car that was an instant classic.

Compare it to something like this and the C6 design really comes alive...

Originally Posted by RandomTask
Have you sat in a C5 interior? I think they're better than the C6's.
C6 has better seats and radio, but I agree. The C5 has more of a wrap-around cockpit feel to it. A C5 with better seats and an aftermarket nav unit is a completely different car IMO.
Old 01-20-2012, 05:31 AM
NBHNC

Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H

Originally Posted by WutupYo
It seems like cars these days are all trying to look like a dodge. Dodge was one of the first to come out with the big bulky looking cars, which worked for them. Now, you have the mustangs, camaros, corvettes, tacoma/tundra, all getting bigger and bulky, The mustange and camaro being perfect examples.

A sports car can sacrafice interior room or what have you if that is the advantage of bulky cars. Also, the fact that they come with 20's, baffles me as I see the going in the opposite direction (bigger wheels typically meaning heavier and harder to turn)

I wish a lot of cars these days could be put on a diet. This has been my thinking for a couple years now.

But see...you're speaking from a car enthusiasts perspective. Which only represents a small fraction of the market. Most people by cars either to just have a car or for the appearance/notoriety of the name. The average consumer doesn't car about cornering, wheel size, aerodynamics, etc. So that's who the designers are going to gear their designs towards.

And lol at thinking a GM will get a "better" interior.
Old 01-20-2012, 05:40 AM
Fanboi

Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B

Originally Posted by Lay Zee H
And lol at thinking a GM will get a "better" interior.
Huh?

And what about the new Cue infotainment system...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQoccjfM6Y0&feature=related
Old 01-20-2012, 05:54 AM
GLHF

WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo

damn that is awesome
Old 01-20-2012, 05:59 AM
Registered Member

Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy.

The new gt500 looks better. Just can't get into the look of the newer corvettes.
Old 01-20-2012, 06:03 AM
A.K.A Jebus

Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo

Originally Posted by Cobra4B
Compare it to something like this and the C6 design really comes alive...

[img]http://forums.corvetteforum.com/attachments/c6-corvette-general-discussion/47671108d1303068148-pic-request-grand-sport-with-comp-grey-zr1-wheels-108.jpg[]
Car still sits up like a Tahoe, the lip kit and chrome wheels make it look worse IMO but what do I know

GBGarry's (I think that's his name) Corvette > * until you get into the classics.
Old 01-20-2012, 06:10 AM
Registered member

Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol

I would love it if GM was trolling Jalopnik and just done up a tester like that to hide their real design...
Old 01-20-2012, 06:14 AM
Fanboi

Originally Posted by Will Sol
I would love it if GM was trolling Jalopnik and just done up a tester like that to hide their real design...
It would be Epic, but I don't thing GM has the resources/time to waste making/test a fake C7. I like the renderings other than the tail lights. Most everyone hates the new one when it first comes out. 1/2 the guys ranting on Corvetteforum right now will be making "OMG the C7 is teh greatest!!!!" posts in two years.

Quick Reply: Looks like Jalopnik's renderings of the C7 were accurate...