VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   Automotive Gallery (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/automotive-gallery-87/)
-   -   local miata owners, post pics of your cars (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/automotive-gallery-87/local-miata-owners-post-pics-your-cars-333250/)

Good Enough 01-24-2011 04:59 PM

Re: local miata owners, post pics of your cars

Originally Posted by Marlinspike22 (Post 6854249)
cool, how about a open diff?

I have an open diff. Its in the blue car that the top came out of. I also have a viscous swap too...

open has 65k
viscous has 85k

shawn22 01-24-2011 05:01 PM

Anyone know of a good Maaco? I want to get the miata resprayed red, but I dont want to pay alot. The car is too much of a pile to spend a ton of money on, I just want it to be all one color and decent looking from like 15 feet.

captainsperry 01-24-2011 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by shawn22 (Post 6854844)
Anyone know of a good Maaco? I want to get the miata resprayed red, but I dont want to pay alot. The car is too much of a pile to spend a ton of money on, I just want it to be all one color and decent looking from like 15 feet.

shit give me 200 and ill give you the best rattle can paint job. hell if you buy me lunch ill even clear it.

shawn22 01-24-2011 05:04 PM

I'll do my own rattle can job for like 50 bucks. I want it to actually LOOK decent.

captainsperry 01-24-2011 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by shawn22 (Post 6854856)
I'll do my own rattle can job for like 50 bucks. I want it to actually LOOK decent.

feelings= hurt.

~Josh 01-24-2011 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by shawn22 (Post 6854844)

I know a couple of guys who worked at the maaco in Hampton for a long time. They'd tell you there's no such thing as a "good maaco".

I've heard all of the horror stories... I wouldn't even get a $300 single stage from those fucks.

It's to bad too; cause I'd like a decent red respray on mine as well.

Mortal_Meerkat 01-24-2011 06:54 PM

just do all the prep work yourself and let those neanderthals spray it. how badly could they fuck up from there

~Josh 01-24-2011 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by Mortal_Meerkat (Post 6855121)
just do all the prep work yourself and let those neanderthals spray it. how badly could they fuck up from there

lol. You really have no idea...

I've seen painted wheels, painted exhaust, painted windows, painted trim, etc...

I've seen those retards dogging the shit out of customers cars up and down the street repeatedly. One of my friends bent a wheel on an s2k drifting it around a corner down the street from the shop when we were in high school.

Fuck that place, and the faggots that run it.

If you're going to do the prep work you might as well buy a compressor and spray it too.

Broke Neck 01-24-2011 07:28 PM

My gray car cost me $200, looks good from 10ft .... thats all i wanted.

For $300 that maaco offers thats exactly what Shawn wants, 10 ft looks ok .... its not gonna be a show car, but the huge yellow spot has to go if hes going to DD it.

John6363 01-24-2011 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by captainsperry (Post 6854081)
thanks to john6363 for halping me install.

http://i51.tinypic.com/2dbj5vk.jpg

http://i53.tinypic.com/27ybp55.jpg

http://i52.tinypic.com/kajkpi.jpg

and yes i know a car bath is needed. dont know where there is a quarter car wash around here

Wasn't sure if I would like the black and green combo to start with but it has grown on me. Better than a tan one with a fucked up plastic back.

John6363 01-24-2011 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by shawn22 (Post 6854856)

Go ask Mortal_Meerkat what his opinion on rattle can paint jobs is. I will admit that trying to paint my daily one panel at a time was a bad idea, but for the cost I think the final paint job would have looked awesome (about as awesome $100 can buy).

~Josh 01-24-2011 07:33 PM

Are captainsperrys' wheels polished? I'm thinking about taking the slicks off mine and doing something with them, I just can't decide what.
His look pretty good though.

Good Enough 01-24-2011 07:35 PM

The Macco that Dale Blankenship owns is a PRIME example of "you get what you pay for". I have seen some of the things that his shop can do and it is quite impressive to say the least.

Not ALL Maccos are bad. Just most of them.

John6363 01-24-2011 07:42 PM

Got a few preliminary miata purchase questions, will the FM Front air damn fit on a NB as well as a NA? Also, CaptainSperry has raceland coilovers and I know a few others on here do too. They ride ok, they're cheap, and there is a lot of room for adjustments (IMO). What do you guys think of them? If I want a better ride should you go with springs and shocks as apposed to coilovers? I'm not trying to spend a grand on suspension though, just looking for the best ride possible for the least amount of money. I know that sounds a little counterintuitive, but I'm red so what do you expect??

Good Enough 01-24-2011 07:47 PM

Raceland is the best bang for yuor buck coilover. Dont expect much at a track or even longevity for that matter. For 300 bucks you can go wrong if your just trying to look good.

If you want a good ride just wait for a used set of teins or somthing like that. Keep an eye on clubroadster and miata turbo.

I have BCs and i couldnt be happier. I paid 950 shipped.