Notices
Automotive Gallery Vehicle (meaning anything with an engine) and related pictures and videos go here, everything else goes in one of the Eye-Candy forums.

Honda Fit: Sunworks Texas!

Old 11-11-2010, 03:06 PM
Troll & Run

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD
Default Re: Honda Fit: Sunworks Texas!

Originally Posted by КАТИТЬ БЕГЕМОТА
car looks like shit, but this is the first time the pictures don't absolutely blow. so congrats on that.
come at his blog game bro
Old 11-11-2010, 03:09 PM
Registered Member

terrible advice has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by TiredAcuraDrvr
come at his blog game bro
i ain't got shit on his game.
Old 11-11-2010, 03:20 PM
EDM|Mugen|MK3 CRX

.Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge.

Originally Posted by phyber
ride height on stretched tires make it look cheap as shit
Fixed.

Nice pics though LOL
Old 11-11-2010, 03:55 PM
Registered member

troy2003 has disabled reputation

i disagree with every single thought the owner had about this car........k bye.
Old 11-11-2010, 04:49 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

I wish that either the C-pillar bar trend would stop or people would design them properly. It's simple. Make it work like a brace, or leave it off the car completely.

And because I know someone will ask:
There are NO triangles in that C-pillar bar; it's just a crossed parallelogram, so the entire roof section of the car can pivot around the strut tower mounts. In other words, it's pretty USELESS except as a single strut bar between the two strut mounts. Sure, it's better than no C-pillar brace, but not by very much. Triangles work a lot better than parallelograms at making a chassis stiffer.

EDIT: Here's a graphical, interactive illustration of how stupid that brace is: http://web.mat.bham.ac.uk/C.J.Sangwi...d_ellipse.html

It's exactly the same as the bar setup in the picture. Grab the blue points on the linkage with your mouse and move them around; you'll see what I mean about that brace doing practically nothing.

Last edited by Fabrik8; 11-11-2010 at 05:02 PM.
Old 11-11-2010, 04:52 PM
ATGATT

marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
I wish that either the C-pillar bar trend would stop or people would design them properly. It's simple. Make it work like a brace, or leave it off the car completely.

There are NO triangles in that C-pillar bar; it's just a crossed parallelogram, so the entire roof section of the car can pivot around the strut tower mounts. In other words, it's pretty USELESS except as a single strut bar between the two strut mounts.
Dude...it's a Fit. You actually expect any real engineering to be involved?
Old 11-11-2010, 04:56 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Originally Posted by marlinspike
Dude...it's a Fit. You actually expect any real engineering to be involved?
Not really. But, if you're going to bolt some random ass bars onto your suspension and take pictures of them, and then say "hey look at my custom C-pillar bars!", you better make sure that you don't look like an idiot.

If I look at a picture of someone's sweet custom suspension mods and start laughing my ass off, there is probably something wrong with their custom suspension mods. I'm just sayin'...

Last edited by Fabrik8; 11-11-2010 at 04:59 PM.
Old 11-11-2010, 05:01 PM
nortaP

Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded

Originally Posted by Fabrik8

There are NO triangles in that C-pillar bar; it's just a crossed parallelogram, so the entire roof section of the car can pivot around the strut tower mounts. In other words, it's pretty USELESS except as a single strut bar between the two strut mounts. Triangles work a lot better than parallelograms at making a chassis stiffer.

EDIT: Here's a graphical, interactive illustration of how stupid that brace is: http://web.mat.bham.ac.uk/C.J.Sangwi...d_ellipse.html

It's exactly the same as the bar setup in the picture. Grab the blue points on the linkage with your mouse and move them around; you'll see what I mean about that brace doing practically nothing.
LOL U MAD

Bro not everyone wants a car that goes fast or handles well...
Old 11-11-2010, 05:05 PM
Racetracks

Originally Posted by Reloaded
LOL U MAD

Bro not everyone wants a car that goes fast or handles well...
I know. I'm not mad though, I just find it really funny how someone went through all that effort and completely missed the boat.

I expect to see something like that on a poseurmobile VW, but it's just funny and pathetic on a Fit.

So that's where option #2 comes in: Leave the bars off the car.

Is it sad to say that a ski rack on that car (from Texas) would be more functional than those braces?

Last edited by Fabrik8; 11-11-2010 at 05:18 PM.
Old 11-11-2010, 05:08 PM
Drives a Mustang

TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6

boy, that sure is..... something.

Quick Reply: Honda Fit: Sunworks Texas!