Notices
Automotive Gallery Vehicle (meaning anything with an engine) and related pictures and videos go here, everything else goes in one of the Eye-Candy forums.

GSR Build thread, GT40 powered, ITR front, cool stuff inside!

Old 05-21-2010, 11:53 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Paint Workz has disabled reputation
Default GSR Build thread, GT40 powered, ITR front, cool stuff inside!

MORE PICS ON PAGE 1
BODY PAINT PICS ON PAGE 4

Basically this is a way for me to keep track of progress neg/pos critisism is welcome!

So i bought the car in very back 6 months ago, in pretty bad shape. The pics speak for themselves i was setting the car up for a East Coast Honda-Tech meet in Richmond, VA, how ever my abs delete got backordered from Acuraoemparts.com. Well In case anyone actually is reading this:

Currently NEED:
RS non abs proportioning valve
two front rs brake lines from pp valve to caliper
two lines from brake master cyl to pp valve

Im going to keep this updated. So heres some pics

Started to paint the supersonic blue pearl and ditched after i did the bay and wanted something more exotic, but this was my first time EVER painting, base coat clear coat, napas crossfire line. NO runs or anthing, just a little dirt from not enough prep.

Bought a built gsr longblock high cr, and a gearspeed b16 s4c transmission

Bought ITR doors and shaved the rest of the moldings on the 1/4s

Random trashy pics of how it looked

Bought a oem itr wing

Bought some knockoff bbs wheels for 100$

After all this sold the swap the car sat for two years. Went back and forth to a couple people and then i picked up in Norfolk, VA, in REALLY bad shape. The guy who had the car basically destroyed it. Had a ls in it everyone said was good so i trusted them and started to build off that.

Started the clean up process

Well after getting it all cleaned up got a decent offer for the usdm front, so naturally sold it and bought the JDM ITR front end locally from www.jspecauto.com. If you guys ever need conversions or swaps i highly recommend them for all of it. So i picked up the front, cluster and a itr climate control.

Last edited by Paint Workz; 05-28-2010 at 11:17 PM.
Old 05-21-2010, 11:54 PM
Banned

Default Re: %$ GSR Build thread, GT40 powered, ITR front, cool stuff inside!!!! $%

Then the next paycheck a buddy had a entire ebay turbo kit for sale, i upgraded to a HKS ssqv bov, tial wg, and a revhard mani.

Started to fab the ITR front on and sat here currently

ROAD TRIP almost to maryland to trade a rear disc conversion for a NRG quick release and momo tuner wheel.

Did a quick wire job on a buddys car for a lower tie

So i finished the front end and had it welded on and did a couple other small things on the turbo kit, its not a LSD s4c transmission, added arp head studs, blox cam seals, brand new head gasket, water pump timing belt and had my conversion harness finally come in.

Then i found out after a week of troubleshooting, the LS engine #3#4 cyl were low cr, so this kind of set me back. My gf decided she didnt want the 00 EBP si she had anymore so she traded it for a 94 fourdoor gsr with a very VERY built gsr turbo setup. Basically since she was selling a car she let me put a stock ls in the fourdoor to sell it and gave me the turbo swap soi ended up getting:

94 gsr longblock
supertech dvs
supertech tit retainers
CTR cams
oem hg
arp headstuds
je 9:0.1 pistons
eagle rods
morosso oil pan
fullrace t4 ramhorn mani
garret gt40r turbo
fullrace tial 50mm bov
fullrace tial wg
fullrace 3" vband downpipe
precision 1000cc injecotrs
itr trans with quaife lsd
exedy twin disk clutch
itr flywheel
bbk im
alot more you get the idea.
Old 05-21-2010, 11:55 PM
Banned

Default Re: %$ GSR Build thread, GT40 powered, ITR front, cool stuff inside!!!! $%

Also decided on a color!
Spicy Merlot Pearl, planet color brand, Barret-Jackson signature color.

GSR engine out of the donor

Engine installed, wire tucked bay, abs deleted (kinda ), battery relocated and need to finish the fuse box. OH YEAH AND MY MAD TYTE JDM SPOON COVERS

My gfs brother wrecked a itr replica he bought so i took a couple things off that were in better shape then mine
Old 05-21-2010, 11:55 PM
Banned

MINI PHOTOSHOOT!!!!

9 PSI, suppperrrr conservative tune, the afrs at wot are 11.2, So im adding some crane stage 3 cams, upping the boost to 22-24 lbs and shoot for 650whp, shouldnt be an issue.
Old 05-22-2010, 12:11 AM
やくざに成りたい

atmdc has disabled reputation

Looks pretty good man I like where its going. but get some new seats!!
Old 05-22-2010, 07:45 AM
Banned

Thanks, i was thinking of getting some Recaros but i dont know if i want to spend the money, im trying to focus on one area at a time now lol. Ive got everything set up for the motor minus a bigger map sensor and a catch can setup, i need some new wheels, seats, and the rest of the paint.
Old 05-22-2010, 08:00 AM
CPL Us Army

jpick_aap_cpp has disabled reputation

So when do you plan to shoot the rest of the car with some paint Looks good bro
Old 05-22-2010, 08:38 AM
Banned

Thanks dude, and im basically waiting to see what i wanna do next, since i cant find the nonabs brake lines im not in a hurry now.
Old 05-22-2010, 08:43 AM
BACK IN A G8

2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr

yuck...bbk

Last edited by 2ltrgsr; 05-22-2010 at 01:25 PM.
Old 05-22-2010, 12:53 PM
Danny@respecgarage

RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE

good start

Quick Reply: GSR Build thread, GT40 powered, ITR front, cool stuff inside!