Notices
Automotive Gallery Vehicle (meaning anything with an engine) and related pictures and videos go here, everything else goes in one of the Eye-Candy forums.

Fisher Price my first bimmer

Old 05-07-2013, 07:37 AM
2 Less

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
turbotwo1 turbotwo1 turbotwo1 turbotwo1 turbotwo1 turbotwo1 turbotwo1 turbotwo1 turbotwo1 turbotwo1 turbotwo1
Default Re: Fisher Price my first bimmer

Does the car have to go through TUV (German Inspection)? If so be really careful about what you buy. It has to be cleared or else it can be a major pain in the ass. If it doesn't have to go through it then have fun
Old 05-07-2013, 08:42 AM
Y U NO REP ME ?!?

Young L Young L Young L Young L Young L Young L Young L Young L Young L Young L Young L

Maybe thats who the guy was today. Myself and the seller took it to the on post inspection station to get it updated so he could transfer the registration to me.
Old 05-07-2013, 11:15 AM
2 Less

turbotwo1 turbotwo1 turbotwo1 turbotwo1 turbotwo1 turbotwo1 turbotwo1 turbotwo1 turbotwo1 turbotwo1 turbotwo1

Could be. I would definitely check to make sure. If you start modding and what you do isn't TÜV compliant and have it noted on the little green card that you get with the car (Kind of like the registration) and you get caught its can be a pretty hefty fine. Especially if it has to do with emissions (Which I don't know if headers would do or not). Don't want to bring you down or anything just making sure you know whats up. My cousin was caught with a body kit that wasn't noted on the card and I think it was a couple hundred euro fine. If the item is TÜV compliant it should come with something called a ABE (cant remember what it stands for) and after you install what ever it is you have to go to the inspection station with that ABE letter and they note it on the card. With that being said I'm not sure how it works with US military (I'm assuming that's why your here). I'm a German citizen so I have to play by their rules no matter how dumb some of them are (ie paintball markers are classified as a weapon if it doesn't have a certain stamp on it).If you look at a lot of cars around here they have mostly cosmetic changes. Not a lot is done to the motors for those reasons.
Old 05-07-2013, 11:27 AM
Y U NO REP ME ?!?

Young L Young L Young L Young L Young L Young L Young L Young L Young L Young L Young L

ahh ok ABE sounds like a cali CARB or DOT rules we have in the states. Yea im military Ive seen some cars around post that are pretty modified so it may not really apply to us so much might be different for me tho since its a german spec car. thanks for the info i'll have to look into it more. I responded to your post in dope status Im down for a trip to the Ring
Old 05-07-2013, 11:28 AM
Hellafunctional

Garrett93 Garrett93 Garrett93 Garrett93 Garrett93 Garrett93 Garrett93 Garrett93 Garrett93 Garrett93 Garrett93

Sooooo since you're over the pond, does that mean you can ship over goodies for my E30?
Old 05-07-2013, 12:23 PM
Y U NO REP ME ?!?

I could try for you
Old 05-07-2013, 01:09 PM
Audi Fan

keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz

Love that, nice pick up!
Old 05-07-2013, 10:09 PM
*B.urns M.y W.allet*

ShellyJoe88 ShellyJoe88 ShellyJoe88 ShellyJoe88 ShellyJoe88 ShellyJoe88 ShellyJoe88 ShellyJoe88 ShellyJoe88 ShellyJoe88 ShellyJoe88

Originally Posted by Garrett93
Sooooo since you're over the pond, does that mean you can ship over goodies for my E30?
^^^^This^^^^
Old 05-08-2013, 02:08 AM
Y U NO REP ME ?!?

cant make promises but I will try. I wont even try to make a profit just pay me back for the part and shipping and Im good. But if you feel the need to pay some more who am I to say no to such a kind gesture.
Old 05-29-2013, 10:29 PM
Y U NO REP ME ?!?

UPDATE:

So friday car started to over heat a bit popped the hood and its spitting antifreeze out corner of the radiator, stupid plastic end tanks. Lucky the auto shop is right across the street so tues I get a new radiator but after I start it up its running like shit. sounds like a wrx and its breakin up as you move up the RPMs. So yesterday I pull the valve cover (breaking one bolt in the process) and the cam lobes are all rough and the #4 has some scoring on it . And that little tube above the came that oil comes out of must be backed up because oil isnt really coming out of #4. Across the street from the shop they have a small strip lot and they have some early 90's E36 4cyl's so after work im gonna pull the cam from one of them and hopefully it will work. This is my first cam swap so im a bit nervous but the dudes in the auto skills shop are gonna help me out. Any tips from my fellow E30 guys would be appreciated.

Quick Reply: Fisher Price my first bimmer