VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   Automotive Gallery (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/automotive-gallery-87/)
-   -   Evo Photoshoot in Baltimore (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/automotive-gallery-87/evo-photoshoot-baltimore-413097/)

Uzi Crooklyn 09-20-2011 04:33 AM

Re: Evo Photoshoot in Baltimore

Originally Posted by Fabrik8 (Post 7359064)
I'm not going to defend this car, except to say that an Evo with Rotas is still an Evo, but a VW with BBSs is still a VW.

thank god vw's with bbs's isn't the topic at hand! not to mention, evo's are expensive cars, and deserve wheels accordingly.

turbo98 09-20-2011 04:47 AM

Money spent on ignorant stickers and roof racks and such, invest into a boost controller and some tuning. Run 12s.

Otacon 09-20-2011 05:05 AM

Wheels looks great on that car. Less roof rack.

....AJ.... 09-20-2011 05:08 AM

Yea, not feelin it. No stickers, no roof rack and it would be real nice. I don't mind the wheels. Just because you may have 3 to 400 bux a month to pay for an evo, doesn't mean you have 1200+ to spend on a set of wheels. Not including tires.

Uzi Crooklyn 09-20-2011 06:22 AM

then leave the stock wheels?

thats like buying a 7 series bmw and putting aftermarket 17's on it. lol

....AJ.... 09-20-2011 06:24 AM

Originally Posted by Uzi Crooklyn (Post 7359246)
then leave the stock wheels?

thats like buying a 7 series bmw and putting aftermarket 17's on it. lol

Not necessarily. The wheels look good on the car. Aftermarket 17's on a 7 series does not. If there were a name brand wheel, some of ya'll would be FAP'ing to it. True story.

Uzi Crooklyn 09-20-2011 06:29 AM

well i wouldn't because the wheels aren't my style. but when people spend all this money on a car, and then skimp on wheels is always funny to me. work or volk wheels aren't that expensive. hell he could have found a used set for few extra hundred bucks. unless he got these used, in which case, you shouldn't be driving an evo

like i've said in previous threads, trying too hard. if you can't coin the style, simply do what you do. instead, you look like a fool who's trying too hard. just my theory.

....AJ.... 09-20-2011 06:39 AM

Originally Posted by Uzi Crooklyn (Post 7359258)
well i wouldn't because the wheels aren't my style. but when people spend all this money on a car, and then skimp on wheels is always funny to me. work or volk wheels aren't that expensive. hell he could have found a used set for few extra hundred bucks. unless he got these used, in which case, you shouldn't be driving an evo

like i've said in previous threads, trying too hard. if you can't coin the style, simply do what you do. instead, you look like a fool who's trying too hard. just my theory.

I can agree for the most part. Hell I had stock wheels on my Evo the entire time I owned it. And I JUST put wheels on my S and I've had it almost 4 years. I wouldn't rock a knock off wheel but i also don't knock those whom do have em. And understand, the Evo 8 is not that 30k car it used to be. you can get one now for 10k or less depending on the year/condition.

MORE IMPATIENT 09-20-2011 06:54 AM

another reason why I hate evos most of the time.

Sun Wukong 09-20-2011 07:09 AM

The stockers are 17x8 enkei's. I don't understand why people do this to evo's and sti's, these cars are basically purpose built.