Notices
Automotive Gallery Vehicle (meaning anything with an engine) and related pictures and videos go here, everything else goes in one of the Eye-Candy forums.

BMW E92 M3 Editorial

Old 06-22-2010, 07:22 PM
Racetracks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8
Default Re: BMW E92 M3 Editorial

Originally Posted by ProPixel
Editorial is more of a "magazine-look" photograph. Not necessarily for selling something but more for entertainment/informative. There is a fine line between editorial and commercial.
Originally Posted by EgSick
You can put a photograph under any category theses days. ie I can have these photos under "advertising" for 'BMW', 'HIDs', 'Carbon fiber' or even a 'car washing business'.

Some do require the specifics. (depending on client or whatever)

To keep it simple, the purpose of the photos are to be submitted in an editorial magazine for publishing.

Nothing strange about it. It's just the way the industry works.
Hope you have a better understanding of it.
That's exactly my point though. I've never heard of an "editorial magazine" or "editorial photo". An editorial is a part of a magazine (an opinion piece written by the editor, etc), so does an editorial photo express the opinion of the photographer? I understand the non-commercial part of it, but I can't wrap my head around why it's called "editorial"...
Old 06-23-2010, 06:48 AM
RHD EK9 CTRx

Evilside EK Evilside EK Evilside EK Evilside EK Evilside EK Evilside EK Evilside EK Evilside EK Evilside EK Evilside EK Evilside EK

when can you shoot my car foo?holla
Old 06-23-2010, 07:12 AM
Registered Member

erik02 erik02 erik02 erik02 erik02 erik02 erik02 erik02 erik02 erik02 erik02

Pictures look awesome!
Old 06-27-2010, 11:08 AM
Registered Member

aznaccord08 has disabled reputation

your shots looks awesome.
Old 07-17-2010, 10:35 PM
Luxury = Love

Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty

first two are tits, others...meh.
Old 07-18-2010, 02:53 PM
master debater

blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout

sorry... i don't get it.

i don't get paid to take pictures, i don't even like to take pictures, so maybe it's just me and my opinion really doesn't count for shit... but it honestly seems like everyone who takes a picture with a camera these days is a 'photographer'.

so how does one gain a competitive advantage over anybody else with an expensive camera? do you flash your degrees from prestigious art schools? do you namedrop your professional references? because based on these photos, all i see is a couple emblems and headlights covered with suds.

one of these days i'm going to walk around my car and think of intriguing angles to shoot my wipers at. maybe i'll take a macro shot of my gas cap.

Old 07-19-2010, 10:04 AM
Registered Member

EgSick EgSick EgSick EgSick EgSick EgSick EgSick EgSick

Originally Posted by blackout
sorry... i don't get it.

i don't get paid to take pictures, i don't even like to take pictures, so maybe it's just me and my opinion really doesn't count for shit... but it honestly seems like everyone who takes a picture with a camera these days is a 'photographer'.

so how does one gain a competitive advantage over anybody else with an expensive camera? do you flash your degrees from prestigious art schools? do you namedrop your professional references? because based on these photos, all i see is a couple emblems and headlights covered with suds.

one of these days i'm going to walk around my car and think of intriguing angles to shoot my wipers at. maybe i'll take a macro shot of my gas cap.

Don't apologize. This art thing isn't for everyone.

Everyone have their own opinion which is great. Which can also be learned from. It's true what you said about everyone who takes picture thinks they're a photographer these days. I mean, if they got the talent and can make bank off of it. Why not right??

There are people with trained and untrained eyes. To the people who view photographs everyday (not just photos. Art whatever) They check out the details; lighting, shadows, the balance of the subject to the neg space, colors and the emotions that it evokes etc.

A degree doesn't mean squat these days. If you're good then you're good. What I meant by that is sometimes experience is worth a lot more. So no I do not flash my degree or name drop big company that I worked with. (it honestly just gives the people who hire you more confidence to do so)

Luckily for me, I do get paid doing this for a living. : )
Every photographer has his/her own eye. Their vision of things. That is what separates us 'photographers' apart. If the viewer like our vision/style than we get hired! haha This is very very competitive industry. For me, this is what I love, what I live for and what I'm sticking to because it makes me happy.

But hey, you never know. That gas cap pic of yours might be badass. haha
Old 07-19-2010, 01:45 PM
Registered Member

B0MB5 B0MB5 B0MB5 B0MB5 B0MB5 B0MB5 B0MB5 B0MB5 B0MB5 B0MB5 B0MB5

personally, i like the wheel picture in the link.

whatd you actually shoot these with
Old 07-21-2010, 11:40 AM
master debater

blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout

Originally Posted by EgSick
Don't apologize. This art thing isn't for everyone.

Everyone have their own opinion which is great. Which can also be learned from. It's true what you said about everyone who takes picture thinks they're a photographer these days. I mean, if they got the talent and can make bank off of it. Why not right??

There are people with trained and untrained eyes. To the people who view photographs everyday (not just photos. Art whatever) They check out the details; lighting, shadows, the balance of the subject to the neg space, colors and the emotions that it evokes etc.

A degree doesn't mean squat these days. If you're good then you're good. What I meant by that is sometimes experience is worth a lot more. So no I do not flash my degree or name drop big company that I worked with. (it honestly just gives the people who hire you more confidence to do so)

Luckily for me, I do get paid doing this for a living. : )
Every photographer has his/her own eye. Their vision of things. That is what separates us 'photographers' apart. If the viewer like our vision/style than we get hired! haha This is very very competitive industry. For me, this is what I love, what I live for and what I'm sticking to because it makes me happy.

But hey, you never know. That gas cap pic of yours might be badass. haha
i'll try it, you just wait. i'll make a valve cap look omniscient.

thanks for the response, i have to admit i was being a little bit of a dick on purpose to see if i could get a reaction out of you (or anybody, really), but i was also trying to find some insight into what makes people think they're photographers. if you're making money then that's all the qualification you need, you're definitely right about that... but i've just sensed this annoying trend of literally dozens of dudes on this forum claiming to be photographers, and starting thinking to myself, 'fuck man, what's stopping me from saying i'm a photographer?'

i suppose it's diminished a little bit, but i remember a period of time where nobody could post a picture of their car on here without it getting ripped on by half the board with 'ur doing it rong', and cock-blocking each other with their so-called 'professional critiques'. it was pretty pathetic, and left a bad taste in my mouth.
Old 07-22-2010, 10:39 AM
Patron

ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz

Love the composition on these, but I'm not a fan of them all being soapy.