Notices
Automotive Gallery Vehicle (meaning anything with an engine) and related pictures and videos go here, everything else goes in one of the Eye-Candy forums.

Old 12-09-2009, 07:27 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE
Default Re: .....

Originally Posted by vw4clyd
So you 19 and have a family....?
yes I have a family, I have siblings, a dog to take care of, etc... that type of stuff... It's just my dad so I've have to help him out, and in return, I get food, a roof, car insurance, etc.

I hope you don't think family only directs to kids.
Old 12-09-2009, 07:38 AM
ATGATT

marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike

What's so wrong with being on your parents insurance? Some parents actually believe in seeing the raising of their kids all the way through, and if you think a person can do as well in school while working to pay all his bills as that same person could do if he focused on school, you're mistaken. Heck, I'm 23 and still on my dad's insurance. Insurance agent even recommends it. It's a lot cheaper, and he bought the car I drive today new years ago, so it makes sense.

Last edited by marlinspike; 12-09-2009 at 07:41 AM.
Old 12-09-2009, 08:46 AM
S a D u B

JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW

Originally Posted by 3Point5SE
I'm not exactly sure, I'm on my dad's insurance under the primary driver but he gets a discount with his insurance company because he's got 3 cars under it. but I think it's around 200 a month. .
That fucking blows dude. I never payed that much for my corvettes
Old 12-09-2009, 09:39 AM
mmm babby

Doodoodc4 is infamous around these partsDoodoodc4 is infamous around these partsDoodoodc4 is infamous around these partsDoodoodc4 is infamous around these partsDoodoodc4 is infamous around these partsDoodoodc4 is infamous around these partsDoodoodc4 is infamous around these partsDoodoodc4 is infamous around these partsDoodoodc4 is infamous around these partsDoodoodc4 is infamous around these partsDoodoodc4 is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by marlinspike
What's so wrong with being on your parents insurance? Some parents actually believe in seeing the raising of their kids all the way through, and if you think a person can do as well in school while working to pay all his bills as that same person could do if he focused on school, you're mistaken. Heck, I'm 23 and still on my dad's insurance. Insurance agent even recommends it. It's a lot cheaper, and he bought the car I drive today new years ago, so it makes sense.
I understand where you're coming from, but it isn't that hard to to do both with the help of adderall. I do full time classes @ JTCC in chester, one part time at VCU right now, and work full time 3:30 to 12 AM. I pay for my apartment, insurance, bills, food, etc. My parents still help me out with my clothes though, that I'm thankful for.
Old 12-09-2009, 09:42 AM
ATGATT

marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike

Originally Posted by Doodoodc4
I understand where you're coming from, but it isn't that hard to to do both with the help of adderall. I do full time classes @ JTCC in chester, one part time at VCU right now, and work full time 3:30 to 12 AM. I pay for my apartment, insurance, bills, food, etc. My parents still help me out with my clothes though, that I'm thankful for.
If you're in med school you're not allowed to work at all, and if you're in law school you're only allowed to work up to 15 hours/week (and I think only 10 hours your first year, I don't remember). If your parents have money, it makes more sense to borrow against the 0% interest Bank of Dad than even the 6.8% interest government subsidized student loans.

But let's say you do work full time, why be on your own insurance? My car is $464 for 6 months, and that's with 4 drivers on it. Granted, my car is old, but even my dad's Porsche is something like $680 for 6 months with 4 drivers on it. Doesn't hurt having someone over 60 with no accidents tacked onto your insurance.
Old 12-09-2009, 09:46 AM
Troll & Run

ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD

Marlinspike dont bother, its easy to do all this shit while high on drugs.
Old 12-09-2009, 09:48 AM
Punch the dot

Kyle! Kyle! Kyle! Kyle! Kyle! Kyle! Kyle! Kyle! Kyle! Kyle! Kyle!

Old 12-09-2009, 09:52 AM
mmm babby

Doodoodc4 is infamous around these partsDoodoodc4 is infamous around these partsDoodoodc4 is infamous around these partsDoodoodc4 is infamous around these partsDoodoodc4 is infamous around these partsDoodoodc4 is infamous around these partsDoodoodc4 is infamous around these partsDoodoodc4 is infamous around these partsDoodoodc4 is infamous around these partsDoodoodc4 is infamous around these partsDoodoodc4 is infamous around these parts

I had to pay for my first semester but granted my grades as of right now and how well I did. I won't be paying for the rest, and it's not a bad idea to get a head start on your own insurance to lower your rate as fast as possible as soon as possible.

I mean, my integra and civic hatchback were both like around 67(each) a month on my dads insurance and he's 41.
Old 12-09-2009, 09:56 AM
CRX

CivicRenModelX has disabled reputation

Okay I am not into the Nissan scene, but a fucking Altima. Its not like an old school Nissan its an Altima. Also if you walk a Z then the other driver sucked ass at driving. The only real Nissan now is a Z.
Old 12-09-2009, 09:56 AM
Registered Member

whoyouwitt has disabled reputation

Quick Reply: .....