Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

ZR1 really is King.... spanks GTR, 599, GT2

Old 11-03-2008, 06:37 AM
S a D u B

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW
Default Re: ZR1 really is King.... spanks GTR, 599, GT2

Originally Posted by vmspionage
I've always liked the C5 interior better than the C6 myself. I don't know why but the C5 can pull it off and the C6 comes off like something I'd expect in a Pontiac... with all due respect to Pontiacs.

Something about getting in a car that looks like that after spending $130k... wow... I'd have to shoot myself. But the numbers are impressive and performance wise it's a great car, it's just not a car for me.
I'm sorry, but I have to disagree. To me, the c5 looks more like the pontiac

Originally Posted by Cobra4B
Here's the interior from the Pratt & Miller C6RS... a few custom leather bits and some completely custom Leer made seats.
I think the c6 interior is very nice, not ferrari nice, but you're not paying ferrari prices.

For a sports car I wouldn't ask for anymore, however I know that many people would rather the inside of their car be nice and the performance to suffer.
Old 11-03-2008, 06:41 AM
SOI SOI SOI SOI SOI

vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage

Originally Posted by JROW
I'm sorry, but I have to disagree. To me, the c5 looks more like the pontiac
orly?

Old 11-03-2008, 06:46 AM
2 Less

turbotwo1 turbotwo1 turbotwo1 turbotwo1 turbotwo1 turbotwo1 turbotwo1 turbotwo1 turbotwo1 turbotwo1 turbotwo1

Why is it that when there is a Vette vs GTR thread and the vette wins. The topic of interiors always comes up?
Old 11-03-2008, 06:49 AM
Full Retard

tie fitr tie fitr tie fitr tie fitr tie fitr tie fitr tie fitr tie fitr tie fitr tie fitr tie fitr

orly?
Yes, are you even looking at the pics you are posting. That looks just like the C5 interior.
Old 11-03-2008, 06:52 AM
<3's Photography

240dreams has disabled reputation

I'd still rather have one of the other "loser" cars. Track numbers and stats only mean so much. What happened to looks, design, FEEL, quality...Seriously, how many people actually track their cars?
Old 11-03-2008, 06:54 AM
HHIC

Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite

Originally Posted by Cobra4B
I don't get it... I like the C6 interior. I've sat in all the Porsches and other than some leather here and there it's no better.
The center console and radio stack is what's killing it for me. HVAC console is just cheap looking, I don't really have another way of saying it. It looks like an after thought and it takes away from the rest of the design.

It's not bad, but I would expect more in a $100k++ car. Again, wrapping some stuff in leather doesn't make it a well thought out interior. They are headed in the right direction though, so hopefully they'll stay the course.

And the 350Z picture should be taken down. Nissan is no better than Chevrolet when it comes to interiors.
Old 11-03-2008, 06:57 AM
SOI SOI SOI SOI SOI

vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage

Originally Posted by tie fitr
Yes, are you even looking at the pics you are posting. That looks just like the C5 interior.
Things in common with C6: large flat dash on the passenger side, similar center console lines (squarish separation above the vents), dual center vents, and the exact same steering wheel

Things in common with C5: they are both black.

Interiors are subjective anyway so it's stupid to argue it. Either you like it or you don't.
Old 11-03-2008, 07:17 AM
S a D u B

JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW

Yeah, whatever, if I could afford a viper right now I'd have one of those. Everyone knows they have the nicest interiors anyway
Old 11-04-2008, 12:06 AM
Celebration Bitches!

lawjizams lawjizams lawjizams lawjizams lawjizams lawjizams lawjizams lawjizams lawjizams lawjizams lawjizams

Things in common with C6: large flat dash on the passenger side, similar center console lines (squarish separation above the vents), dual center vents, and the exact same steering wheel

Things in common with C5: they are both black.

Interiors are subjective anyway so it's stupid to argue it. Either you like it or you don't.
Funny thing you are right and wrong. If you take the C6 interior it does look like a pontiac interior if you match it with a pontiac within the same year. But if you take a C5 interior, it looks like the interior of the pontiac years at that time, ex: pontiac firebird, grand prix, bonneville, etc.
Old 11-04-2008, 05:39 AM
SOI SOI SOI SOI SOI

Originally Posted by lawjizams
Funny thing you are right and wrong. If you take the C6 interior it does look like a pontiac interior if you match it with a pontiac within the same year. But if you take a C5 interior, it looks like the interior of the pontiac years at that time, ex: pontiac firebird, grand prix, bonneville, etc.
Yea that's true, most GM cars follow the same lines for the same years. I'm just a Corvette hater.

Quick Reply: ZR1 really is King.... spanks GTR, 599, GT2