Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Z Owners Unite!!!

Old 07-03-2003, 08:09 PM
Nismo Finatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ZBlurr is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry Z Owners Unite!!!

This is to my fellow Z owners in the area who are think about or own a 350Z. I went to get the tires serviced at Hall Nissan on Jefferson and they told me that they can't change my tires??? So, I took it to Pomocco Nissan and after 6 HOURS!!!! They couldn't get the tires off the rim!? These are not specialty Rims or Aftermarked they are Nissan Factory OE rims and tires and they can't do the work!!! I called Nissan North America and lodged a complaint and they told me that they don't police the dealers like that, so basically sorry buddy haha...
I am still trying to work through this and any support from u guys would help.....
Old 07-03-2003, 08:57 PM
Die reinste Bösen.

gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear

I would write a formal complaint letter straight to the corporate office... start pulling some hair, when you skip the middle men and go straight to the top...things have a tendecny to get done abit quicker. good luck and hope those basta'ds get their act together :P
Old 07-04-2003, 12:23 AM
FEEL THE CURVES

spinninbackfist is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah havent had any probs with my Z yet. Where your tires feathering or was it you normal rotation time?Have you been to My350Z.com yet got some good info out of those forums. I'm spinninbackfist on there to.
Old 07-04-2003, 09:35 AM
Nismo Finatic

Default TSB or defect

The tire feathering is a defect in the alignment of the car from the manufature as well as Transmision problems and grease streak on the windows and a noise when the AC is on. These problems Nissan will all fix under warrenty but those two dealers can't change the tires. Tires are unidirectional they can't really "rotate" them you can only move them from passanger to drive side. I contacted the Nissan North America corperate office and they where no help at all unless enough people complain so there is going to be recall. Nissan will not make the dealers buy the equipment to change the tires. I called around and there is only 2 place that I can find that will mount and rotate tires and the cost is $100.....
Old 07-04-2003, 06:47 PM
Registered member

Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey

What makes them special.. I have mounted many rims on Vettes with the smart tire system with no trouble... SO I don't get the problem.. gotta a pic of them?
Old 07-11-2003, 08:22 AM
Nismo Finatic

Post FOLLOW UP

The Rims and Tires are like the Corvette and not many shops that I know will do them unless you buy the tires from them. I ended up going to Tire City on Jefferson Ave. The cost was $98 and 4 hours of wait time.

I talked to the Service manager at Hall Jeff Evans and he gave me a $40 store credit for the cost of mounting and balanceing my rims at Tire City. I think he should have paid more than that but I can live with it I guess.

That us what ended up happening....Thanks for the support
Old 07-11-2003, 08:35 AM
Atheist.

Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker

I read the thread, but I still don't understand why they couldn't get the tires off the wheel. I know that some places have machines that only accomodate 16" and smaller. Some places will tell you they cannot guarantee safely removing the tire without damaging the rim. What was this place's excuse?!?!
Old 07-11-2003, 12:43 PM
HHIC

Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite

Originally posted by Skywalker
I read the thread, but I still don't understand why they couldn't get the tires off the wheel. I know that some places have machines that only accomodate 16" and smaller. Some places will tell you they cannot guarantee safely removing the tire without damaging the rim. What was this place's excuse?!?!
for real, my tires were a serious pain in the ass to get on the new rims but they went. What is so hard about it?
Old 07-11-2003, 03:39 PM

s2k7 has disabled reputation
Default Re: FOLLOW UP

Originally posted by ZBlurr
The Rims and Tires are like the Corvette and not many shops that I know will do them unless you buy the tires from them. I ended up going to Tire City on Jefferson Ave. The cost was $98 and 4 hours of wait time.

I talked to the Service manager at Hall Jeff Evans and he gave me a $40 store credit for the cost of mounting and balanceing my rims at Tire City. I think he should have paid more than that but I can live with it I guess.

That us what ended up happening....Thanks for the support
you really should have hit up that R&M used tire there in gloucester. Yeah, the place looks shitty...but they do an awesome job on lower profile tires. Seriously, look into them next time....i wouldnt have ever known either.