Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Your opinions on privately buying and selling parts.....

Old 04-28-2007, 08:22 AM
UNCE UNCE UNCE UNCE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ....
Default Your opinions on privately buying and selling parts.....

Here's my issue... *kinda long* This is a serious issue I have, so refrain from ignorant replies please.

I have bought and paid for a full TBE from a member on evoM.net board. I ordered it a little over a week ago, and all I've received so far is a down pipe and test pipe. Supposedly the DP and TP are Megan racing but they say XS power on them. Never seen Megan stuff before, but I thought XS power was a different company.

Anyways, one of my questions is, is sending a pm roughly twice a day, asking the status of whether the exhaust has been shipped or not, too much? I send an e-mail in the morning, and once in the afternoon. I mean let's be real here. I'm taking a risk by purchasing from someone I don't know, whom isn't a legit business, and who now has 600 bucks of my money.

Now if I was selling a product, I'd make sure that the buyer knows when I'm going to ship it out. If this shipping method falls through, I'm going to do everything I can to get it shipped out IMMEDIATELY seeing as though I know have your money. I'm sorry but, "I'll let you know if I hear anything," is NOT a feasible response to my inquiry. The place that it's being shipped from, I could've driven there and picked it up and it would literally have been a quicker process.

How do you you all feel about this? Do you feel it's the seller's responsibilty to at least let the buyer know when to expect his/her product. I mean, it is now Saturday. I purchased this stuff last Friday, and I'm now sitting here with a DP and TP that I can do absolutely nothing with.

Too add to this: I ordered a Vortex Generator from Speed Element. By the next day, I had a message telling me the fedex tracking number and when they shipped it out. The never heard anything else from me but a thank you when I got my product.
Old 04-28-2007, 08:33 AM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic
Default Re: Your opinions on privately buying and selling parts.....

unless i have met the person or have viable contact info, i do not do it. personally, i feel it is not a true method of doing business if all you do is send emails or messages, and never talk on the phone or face to face. i really have a dislike for online business and people that hid behind their ip persona.

add in the fact that you basically have no legal recourse, and you quickly become screwed easily.
Old 04-28-2007, 08:35 AM
UNCE UNCE UNCE UNCE

....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ....

Yeah. Fortunately I used paypal, So it may be possible to get some of my money back.
Old 04-28-2007, 08:56 AM
Registered member

evolve evolve evolve evolve evolve evolve evolve evolve evolve evolve evolve

aint that some sh*t! Id let him know it was the wrong parts(false advertisment) and that you want a refund. Then if he disagrees, inform paypal and let the mods on evom know whats up. He will be banned and you should get your $ back from paypal or the bank/credit card you purchased it with.
Old 04-28-2007, 08:57 AM
UNCE UNCE UNCE UNCE

Well as we talked about, I don't mind havin the xs power tp and dp cause it's a good company. I just want my Cat Back
Old 04-28-2007, 08:58 AM
Registered member

Originally Posted by Assassin
Well as we talked about, I don't mind havin the xs power tp and dp cause it's a good company. I just want my Cat Back
you can get that same tbe(xs power) on ebay for less than $400, thats why I say that.
Old 04-28-2007, 08:59 AM
UNCE UNCE UNCE UNCE

My cat back is supposed to be HKS Hi Power. The TP and DP was an added bonus that he had.
Old 04-28-2007, 09:01 AM
Registered member

Originally Posted by Assassin
My cat back is supposed to be HKS Hi Power. The TP and DP was an added bonus that he had.
gotcha(I forgot), then itd be worth it