Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

would you get an exotic car?

Old 02-26-2006, 05:56 PM
wub wub wub wub

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla
Default would you get an exotic car?

I was just wondering about something...

I've done a lot of thinking today about my future aspirations and I decided to post about it and see what other people would do, since I've talked about it in the past. If you made your financial dreams come true and you came into a substantial amount of money, would you: A) be driving an exotic car -or- B) build a car that originally cost far less and dump a ridiculous amount of money into it to make it original, fast, custom, whatever..?

I've been saying a lot of things lately about how a lot of exotics aren't really what they're cracked up to be in terms of performance and how the biggest thing they really offer is status, but the more I think about it the more I realize that'll be one of the few things that I'll be able to buy that will truly make me happy and complete. I look at some of these people on the various exotics forums that I post on and I'm amazed at how they can just buy, sell, and trade exotic cars like people trade hatches on here. $200,000+ for misc cars like it's nothing.. and most of the time if they post pictures, you see other exotics that they own in the background. I'm a car nut, and I look forward to having the ability to collect the cars that I've always wanted. Of course I wouldn't bend over backwards to have a $200,000 car and a $100,000 home or anything absurd.. I've got my priorities in order! I just want to know whether you guys would build a car, or buy an expensive car. I always thought it would be cool to build a one-off car for half the price of an exotic and wipe the floor with it, but who am I kidding? At the end of the day, who are you really impressing with that 10 second economy car? Right? You pull up in an F430, Gallardo, Murcielago, etc and people are impressed. A lot of it is about status, honestly.. but I think and feel like there is a lot more to it than showing people what you've got.

Discuss.
Old 02-26-2006, 05:59 PM
Bro'd Out

Tito Tito Tito Tito Tito Tito Tito Tito Tito Tito Tito
Default Re: would you get an exotic car?

i'd build.
Old 02-26-2006, 06:01 PM
i got 5 on it

themacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these parts

i don't care what you build, it's not an italian supercar.

close thread.
Old 02-26-2006, 06:02 PM
UNCE UNCE UNCE UNCE

....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ....

Originally Posted by spic

close thread.

Old 02-26-2006, 06:07 PM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Originally Posted by spic

close thread.
that's how I feel these days..

As I said, the $5,000 car that you dump $100,000 into is still going to be a $5,000 car, and there's a 99% chance you'll never sell it for what you put into it. You're not going to be able to sell that car for $105,000. You're really not going to impress anyone, even if it's extraordinarily faster.

I just remember how big my eyes got when I'd be on a road trip with my parents as a kid and we'd see a Lamborghini or a Ferrari fly by on the highway. My eyes would light up, and I always said I'd have one when I grew up. I will.
Old 02-26-2006, 06:07 PM
Patron

ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz

Why is this in eye candy?
Old 02-26-2006, 06:08 PM
DURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok

I'd build an exotic. Turbo Ferrari, mmmm.
Old 02-26-2006, 06:11 PM
wub wub wub wub

Originally Posted by ritz
Why is this in eye candy?
Did I post in eye candy seriously? I could've sworn I posted it in Off Topic.

Old 02-26-2006, 06:13 PM
wub wub wub wub

Although "just a Gallardo," this particular car really turns me on:

So does this. In fact, this is one of the sexiest Murcielago's I've ever seen!

Old 02-26-2006, 06:14 PM
wub wub wub wub

Again, don't care what your Civic's or Mustang's run in the 1/4.. They're not intimidating in your rear view no matter how fast they are, and they're not something that really commands my attention--regardless.

This, in your rear view, speaks for itself:

Quick Reply: would you get an exotic car?