Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

window tints

Old 10-19-2010, 08:36 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cmc600rr has disabled reputation
Default window tints

I recently moved here from Connecticut. I went in for emissions and a safety inspection and failed the safety inspection because of my tints being to dark. They are 20% tints, that I bought the car from Honda with them on.

Before I have to peal my tints is there anyway I can pass without doing so? A loop hole or an inspections place that will let it go?

TIA.
Old 10-19-2010, 08:54 AM
That's what she said

Corndick has a reputation beyond reputeCorndick has a reputation beyond reputeCorndick has a reputation beyond reputeCorndick has a reputation beyond reputeCorndick has a reputation beyond reputeCorndick has a reputation beyond reputeCorndick has a reputation beyond reputeCorndick has a reputation beyond reputeCorndick has a reputation beyond reputeCorndick has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: window tints

Nope... VA state law requires 50% maximum tint on the driver and passenger front rolldown windows. No way around it. Even if you get a note from your eye doctor, 35% is the maximum. You're illegal either way.
Old 10-19-2010, 08:55 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

No. Doesn't matter if the Honda dealer installed your tint or not. 20% tint didn't come from the factory, and a local dealer can do whatever they want. Keep the tint and live with the tickets, or get a different tint gradient and pass inspection. The only loophole is to have your car registered somewhere else, or get a medical vision waiver (and it's still too dark I think).

Don't ask about shady inspection shops, that isn't tolerated here.
Old 10-19-2010, 09:18 AM
Registered Member

IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN

When did they start inspecting window tint again?
Old 10-19-2010, 09:19 AM
Gaming Extraordinair

Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk

Originally Posted by IMSHAKN
This?
Old 10-19-2010, 09:22 AM
OV-104

Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis

Originally Posted by IMSHAKN
My wrx passed with 15%
Old 10-19-2010, 09:24 AM
######

L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K

Passed 5% all around, 50% on front window.
Old 10-19-2010, 09:27 AM
Registered Member

cmc600rr has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
No. Doesn't matter if the Honda dealer installed your tint or not. 20% tint didn't come from the factory, and a local dealer can do whatever they want. Keep the tint and live with the tickets, or get a different tint gradient and pass inspection. The only loophole is to have your car registered somewhere else, or get a medical vision waiver (and it's still too dark I think).

Don't ask about shady inspection shops, that isn't tolerated here.
Are you saying I don't have to pass the safety inspection to get full registration?
Old 10-19-2010, 09:28 AM
######

L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K

You do not need to have an inspection to get registered, i believe. I've never had to..
Old 10-19-2010, 09:29 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Originally Posted by cmc600rr
Are you saying I don't have to pass the safety inspection to get full registration?
No, I'm not sure what you're talking about.. I'm saying keep the car registered in a different state if you aren't willing to live with the Virginia laws.

Quick Reply: window tints