Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Why are service managers such asses?

Old 04-04-2003, 09:25 AM
Omerta

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
itsaqwik1 itsaqwik1 itsaqwik1 itsaqwik1 itsaqwik1 itsaqwik1 itsaqwik1 itsaqwik1 itsaqwik1 itsaqwik1 itsaqwik1
Default Why are service managers such asses?

I went the saturn yesturday to get a coolent flush since the body shop that worked on my car gave me that green antifreeze crap.i go to pick it up and my muffler is almost touchin the freakin ground. So i go to see what the hell happened to my car and the service manager tells me he wont do anything about it because it must be a faulty strap.here ya go

--Scott:Our sps straps break all the time, you should go to the person you bought it from.
--David: I didnt bring my car to you with my muffler on the ground. someone did it on your time.... if i would have broken it, i wouldnt be here blamin you... Do you think one of the detailers pulled it out too quickly and scraped it? or backed into this curb and juss pulled it foward?
--Scott:Well its not our fault your car is lowered 2.5" inches. Weve gotta get it in there to wash dont we?
--David: No Scott, you dont have to put the car in the bay to wash it, plus if your building cant accomadate a car that is lowered, you shouldnt have accepted my business.

Needles to say.... i left my car there last night and told them that my car needs to be fixed. Is he just beein a dick to me or will he seriously not fix it ... i mean, my muffler is screwed up too. I juss forked out 130 bucks and he doesnt want to fix their screw up. WTF is up with that? And i went to the new car manager and he was like, if noone owns up to it, cant help ya. Is there anything else i can do besides deal with them? Saturn corp. is seriously about to get a formal complaint from me.

I love my saturn but ill be damned if im goin through all this shit.
Old 04-04-2003, 09:28 AM
boom tick boom tick

Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum

saturns are plastic, it will pop back into place dont worry! YAY NO DENTS!
Old 04-04-2003, 09:34 AM
Phil for President!

HondaGrrl is an unknown quantity at this point

sorry dave. that sucks
Old 04-04-2003, 09:41 AM
SOI SOI SOI SOI SOI

vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage

Why are service managers such asses?
Because its a Saturn dealership.

..just kidding man, sorry about your muffler strap
Old 04-04-2003, 03:09 PM
i got 5 on it

themacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these parts

umm.. dood.. find a sawzall, then hack the pipe that's right behind the header.. then just take all that shit off it'll work wonders

Old 04-04-2003, 04:07 PM
Who's this guy?

Bandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond repute

sucks man. did you take it to saturn of virginia beach? thats where i always got my car inspected and aligned. if so i dont see how they can say anything about the lowering thing, especially when they are an sps dealer and they sell saturns lowered.
Old 04-04-2003, 07:51 PM
Mighty Mouse Powered

BRUTL 67 is an unknown quantity at this point

or dealership has cameras all over the fuckin place....find out if they do, and ask to see the footage of your car in the shop and being parked and whatnot....
Old 04-04-2003, 07:58 PM
Registered Member

Capster78 is an unknown quantity at this point

Did you make them aware it was lowerd 2.5 inches?
Old 04-05-2003, 03:13 AM
Asshole Supreme

S dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud of

The dealership will find any way possible to not put fault on itself. The fact that the car has been modified is obviously their reason and it will work. On another note, I can understand your frustration if you told them up front that the car had been modified and they agreed to work on it. It is hard to prove that a dealership actually damaged your vehicle while being serviced. My recomendation is a firm conversation with the General Manager discussing your problem and what can be done to resolve it.
Old 04-05-2003, 08:34 AM
Pre-"Crash" Member

growley growley growley growley growley growley growley growley

I agree with you David, Scott sort of is an ass. The people in the shop are cool though(well at least some of them).