Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

whats wrong with paint on hood

Old 04-22-2005, 03:28 PM
visuallyinklined.com

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sebassttiann is a jewel in the roughsebassttiann is a jewel in the roughsebassttiann is a jewel in the rough
Default whats wrong with paint on hood

this is my hood off my 98 eclipse. what has happened? this is not something i can clean up. the paint is deteriorating around the washer housing and on the edge where i thought scrubbing with a rag would remove the stain (instead it removed the paint) i cant get so close with the camera but the clear looks jacked up and bumpy. so i shrug my shoulders and ask does anybody have experience with this??? do you think it has something to do with the washer housing? just figured ild ask

WHY THE FUCK CANT I POST ATTACHMENTS?????????????/

Last edited by sebassttiann; 04-22-2005 at 04:13 PM.
Old 04-22-2005, 03:30 PM
visuallyinklined.com

sebassttiann is a jewel in the roughsebassttiann is a jewel in the roughsebassttiann is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: whats wrong with paint on hood

Last edited by sebassttiann; 04-22-2005 at 04:14 PM.
Old 04-24-2005, 01:46 PM
Registered Member

Swampdonky has disabled reputation

upload ure pics to www.photobucket.com , and then link them with [img][/img] tags
Old 04-24-2005, 02:39 PM
Registered member

dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc

You suck at the internet.
Old 04-24-2005, 09:36 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Is the paint flaking or dissolving? If it's flaking you're probably getting moisture from the washer fluid under the paint, or between layers of paint. If it's dissolving, it's most likely something in your washer fluid. I don't think that washer fluid usually affects paint though, so I'm not sure about that one.
Old 04-25-2005, 01:58 PM
visuallyinklined.com

Originally Posted by DC/DC
You suck at the internet.

no i really dont drag wont let me post attachments any more for some odd reason like i used to and upload pictures straight fromn computer nice avatar though

and yes it does appear as paint is disolving and from where you see the paint chipping you can see how the black stuff has infected it i also said to myself how could washer fluid do this but internet searching through other forums has proven conclusion that fluid is the culprit but damn is that shit made of jet fuel?

http://www.dsmtuner.com/forums/showthread.php?t=179510
Old 04-26-2005, 06:06 AM

HD1200R has disabled reputation

what fluid are you using that way we know not to buy it?
Old 04-26-2005, 08:03 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

I'd go get some non-leaky nozzles and new hose, I've never had a problem with this with any car I've owned..
Old 04-26-2005, 12:51 PM
visuallyinklined.com

i will be checking nozzles and stuff this weekend. it gives me an exscuse to go carbon but if its the nozzles dont want to screw up that hood as well so
Old 04-27-2005, 03:44 AM
Banned

c1t1d1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Theres no way that washer fluid eats your paint like that and the other forum that you posted yruo pics, they guys who said its normal lots of cars do that , then have F'd up cars then. Washer fluid is blue or yellow or clear, why would it make a red car have black stains. You need to take the washer spayers off and look at the hole were they sit and look under the hood to see if you see anyother stains any were else. I cant imagine that would stain your car like that. If that was true every onces car would look like that when it rains out side from all the polutents in the air and the acid rain.
I may be wrong but i cant imagine that washer fluid would do that, i think there is something else there causeing it.

Quick Reply: whats wrong with paint on hood