VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   Automotive Discussion (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/automotive-discussion-8/)
-   -   what are your thoughts on KIA cars??? (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/automotive-discussion-8/what-your-thoughts-kia-cars-151804/)

gear 08-16-2006 03:30 AM

Re: what are your thoughts on KIA cars???

Originally Posted by SHOFEAR94 (Post 2412383)
Don't buy a Kia new because the drive-off-the-lot depreciation is like 60% instantly. However, Hyundai has come a long way.. Id drive an Azera and maybe even a Sonata as a daily.

yupp... for just a little bit more, you can get a Hyundai...and the quality is much nicer.

Slooby 08-16-2006 04:02 AM

Originally Posted by SHOFEAR94 (Post 2412383)
Don't buy a Kia new because the drive-off-the-lot depreciation is like 60% instantly. However, Hyundai has come a long way.. Id drive an Azera and maybe even a Sonata as a daily.

True and even with the warranty it still sucks. My mom has a sportage and its a pos. Rearend noise, tranny problems, coolent problems, ect., ect.... The Kia Dealership wouldn't even fix it. Within the first 3 months of owning the vehicle it was in and out of the shop constantly. Went in for the same thing 3 times in a row. Honestly i wouldn't buy a Kia because of that.

Will Sol 08-16-2006 04:05 AM

the hyundai Sonata fully loaded is nice... but if you go Kia get the Optima... I drove an 03 model fully loaded with a v6 as a rental car and it was really nice and had some pep to it.

Focal E46 08-16-2006 04:24 AM

Kia will be a big company in NO time. This is just how Honda, Toyota, and Hyundai started.

BLU CIVIC 08-16-2006 04:42 AM

saw a brand new Kia on the side of the road that had broke down while being test driven :)

but Hyundai and Kia both copy other car looks...the new Sonata looks like an Accord...heck, even the first Sonata was a rip-off of an Accord...mabey Kia needs to copy Toyotas to take away from their buyers...the cheap cars and long warranty get them there but it's the quality that keeps them from repeat buyers, and the depreciation of the vehicle...any new car company's toughest task is coming into a market where majority of the people are brand loyal

Paul 08-16-2006 06:01 AM

I believe that Kia is actually a subdivision of Hyundai.

Anyway, I owned a Hyundai once for a year. I will never own another car that was manufactured on that Island. That includes Kia.

YeloBlitzEclips 08-16-2006 06:27 AM

^ just letting you know its not an island

swordsman54 08-16-2006 07:15 AM

Originally Posted by Rprsntng757 (Post 2412443)
i still think kia sucks ass but i agree that Hyundai is getting some

thats the same i think of kia, but i would still never buy a hyundai either

montman 08-16-2006 08:06 AM

My co-worker owned a Kia and she said it was the worst car she has ever purchased.
It was in and out of the shop almost 10 times in a 1 yr time period and it was only a year old.

_____ 08-16-2006 08:30 AM

Guess Im just lucky :dunno: