Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.
View Poll Results: What would you do
Take motor back and give him his money
4.35%
Say sorry, and might wanna take someone who knows motors with him next time
95.65%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

What would you do??

Old 10-05-2006, 04:15 AM
S2k'd again

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
s2kattracks will become famous soon enoughs2kattracks will become famous soon enough
Default What would you do??

Ok, Yesterday around 645, I sold a motor. All was good, He looked at the motor a week before, and then came back looked again, and said ok. All info I knew about the motor was given.

Got it in his truck, He gave me the money and we both went on our way. About an hr and ahalf later, I get a text saying he wants his money back because its going to be to much work and he needs his car running. We end up texting back and forth from 8pm to about 1130pm, when I said ok, I have had enough and went to sleep.

What would you guys do? I mean, The motor was bought "as is" I told him it might need a hone, and he didn't have a problem with it when he gave me the cash. He also said the piston that was out, was very badly scared up. He looked at it when he was looking at the motor, but then said he didn't look at the scared side of the piston. I did not know this as I bought the motor and didn't do a thing to it(had a plan to do a pretty big build so it wouldn't have mattered anyways). But, Being me I offered to give him 150 back to get a new piston, etc.

Should I;

Take the motor back and give him his money

Or

Sorry, You might wanna bring someone who knows about motors with you next time???
Old 10-05-2006, 04:24 AM
psycho jungle cat

Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift
Default Re: What would you do??

Unfortunately for the buyer it was sold as is. He checked it out twice and felt good about it twice, so yes it sucks for him but it is his fault. Offering him the money for the piston was a stand up thing to do, youve done more than alot of people would already.
Old 10-05-2006, 05:25 AM
carebearreps

pedro 2.0 pedro 2.0 pedro 2.0 pedro 2.0 pedro 2.0 pedro 2.0 pedro 2.0 pedro 2.0 pedro 2.0 pedro 2.0 pedro 2.0

Originally Posted by Spindrift187
Unfortunately for the buyer it was sold as is. He checked it out twice and felt good about it twice, so yes it sucks for him but it is his fault. Offering him the money for the piston was a stand up thing to do, youve done more than alot of people would already.
I agree, if he thinks it's too much work then he should have never given you the money.
Old 10-05-2006, 05:27 AM

Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma

"AS IS" means "AS IS"

You warned him.

You owe him nothing, sorry to say it but it is his fault.. he should have checked it out better.

It is a hard lesson to learn Hopefully it will only take this once to teach him.

$0.02

Last edited by Enigma; 10-05-2006 at 05:32 AM. Reason: Added something more
Old 10-05-2006, 05:29 AM
Double Agent HT

ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL

all sales final. It's not to much work, it's not like he's boring it over at home with a dremel! The pistons dont matter because he should replace them anyway for a good build to adjust his compression. New pistons, a full set, can be as low as 150 total, if they are stock material.
Old 10-05-2006, 05:31 AM
I have a 20 valve...

crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx

1. agree to meet him.
2. use your hidden snipers to blow his brains out at 500 ft.
3. steal the engine back.
4. you get to keep the money.
5. after all is said and done, go to the dudes house, tell his family your condolences, and fuck his sister.
Old 10-05-2006, 05:34 AM
S2k'd again

s2kattracks will become famous soon enoughs2kattracks will become famous soon enough

Thanks for the replies guys. I really just wanted to see if I was being unreasonable/unfair. My best friend has said don't give it back from the first text the guy sent me.
Old 10-05-2006, 05:35 AM
S2k'd again

Originally Posted by crxnfx
1. agree to meet him.
2. use your hidden snipers to blow his brains out at 500 ft.
3. steal the engine back.
4. you get to keep the money.
5. after all is said and done, go to the dudes house, tell his family your condolences, and fuck his sister.
lol, wow.

Funny thing is a buddy could pull number 2 off for me, lol
Old 10-05-2006, 05:41 AM

Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma

Originally Posted by 92Teg
Thanks for the replies guys. I really just wanted to see if I was being unreasonable/unfair. My best friend has said don't give it back from the first text the guy sent me.
From what you wrote.. it sounded like he was trying to "swap" one on you...
Old 10-05-2006, 05:47 AM
S2k'd again

Originally Posted by Enigma
From what you wrote.. it sounded like he was trying to "swap" one on you...
As in swaping motors and giving me a different one? I gave that some thought, its a possiblity. Kinda doubt it but it could happen. I think he found another motor for cheaper or something along those lines.