Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

What car to buy?

Old 10-12-2006, 01:11 PM
Famous...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rotorsownyou7 has disabled reputation
Default What car to buy?

I have wanting to get a MKIV for a while, but I am not sure it would be a great idea. I could afford 23K or so, but I would prefer to spend under 17K... If you were going to get a car, with looks and reliability as the top decision makers, what would you get? I would prefer a car that isn't too new, for insurance reasons. Also I would like something that I could mod along the way and performs fairly well, or can be modified later. What do you guys think?

BTW, I am not looking for one right now.
Old 10-12-2006, 01:21 PM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla
Default Re: What car to buy?

I thought you learned your lesson.....
Old 10-12-2006, 01:54 PM
Registered Member

zx12guy is an unknown quantity at this point

You can find 4-500hp f-bodys all day long for under 17k on ls1tech........
Old 10-12-2006, 02:11 PM
Taking the shot

QwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these parts

Lexus IS 300, Lexus SC400, Audi s4/a4, E36, Nissan 300zx tt, F-body, older WRX or Impreza pre 2002 i think like a 2.5 RS.

If i had 17k to spend and i wanted something a little diffrent i'd prolly go with either the Lexus SC400, One of the audis, or the old 2.5 imprezas

Last edited by QwanSanchez; 10-12-2006 at 02:14 PM.
Old 10-12-2006, 02:16 PM
Taking the shot

QwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these parts

Here perfect example http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/99-Su...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 10-12-2006, 02:20 PM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Stop...

trying to impress people. you're what, like 19 years old? cut your losses, sell your RX7, and buy a used 1997 Camry or something for like $7k. It will be cheap, reliable, great on insurance, good on gas... etc. spend the rest of the would-be money on investments or maybe save towards a house if you want to ever move out of your parents house, you know? there are more important things than having a $20k+ car right now. You live in MARTINSVILLE/FC!!!! Who is there out there to impress?
Old 10-12-2006, 02:39 PM
Famous...

rotorsownyou7 has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by ZeRo_c0oL@work
I thought you learned your lesson.....
I'm not looking for a fast car. Just somehing nice to drive around.

Originally Posted by zx12guy
You can find 4-500hp f-bodys all day long for under 17k on ls1tech........
Looking for something stockish.

Originally Posted by ZeRo_c0oL@work
Stop...

trying to impress people. you're what, like 19 years old? cut your losses, sell your RX7, and buy a used 1997 Camry or something for like $7k. It will be cheap, reliable, great on insurance, good on gas... etc. spend the rest of the would-be money on investments or maybe save towards a house if you want to ever move out of your parents house, you know? there are more important things than having a $20k+ car right now. You live in MARTINSVILLE/FC!!!! Who is there out there to impress?
I have a Camry already, haha. Got it for $3500 cash money!

I just want a nice car that I can do something to later. I can't help it, I love cars. I guess I should just spend money on investments. Maybe I'll just get something cheap that I can play with and spend the rest of my dough on bonds or something.

And dude, don't hate. There are tons of deer and squirrels to impress where I live.

BTW, what should I invest in?

Last edited by rotorsownyou7; 10-12-2006 at 02:41 PM.
Old 10-12-2006, 02:44 PM
Drink Up, Chumps

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

Buy my car.
Old 10-12-2006, 08:10 PM
wub wub wub wub

I'm not trying to give you a hard time, honestly.. but I promise you'll look back and kick yourself in the ass later for the mistakes you make now. I didn't buy a crazy car, by any means. I paid in the relatively low $20k range for my car brand new, and put half down on it and financed for 3 years. Then, along the way, I spent entirely too much money on things I wish I hadn't, or should not have had to. I could have bought another car with the money I spent on my transmission. Could have bought more than one, probably. That's not taking any of the other things into consideration, and I'm already adding up a good chunk of change! Lets say I spent the majority of the down payment on something useful.. I wouldn't regret that decision now!

I'm just saying I think we have common goals, and you have to start now if you want to be able to obtain those goals when you're 30 years old.. you know? Look at your peers... Do you think anyone is going to remember the car you blew all your money on right now in 10 years? Honestly? If they do, do you think they're going to be impressed? What are other kids your age doing? Trying to dump all of their money into their cars because that's what they love to do. I love cars and motorcycles too, but you know what? This is your chance to get a jump start on what everyone else is doing. Instead of blowing so much unnecessary money on a car, spend it on something that you will be able to take advantage of in the future. They're going to be working two jobs in 20 years to cover their mortgages. Do you want to still be paying a mortgage, or have to work harder than necessary to get by? Is it worth it to sacrifice your future to show off now? Really?

I'm not trying to preach to anyone.. I don't know.. I guess I just see the light at the end of the tunnel. I'd rather sacrifice here and now to be where I want to be in 10 years. Live every day to the fullest, but plan ahead!
Old 10-12-2006, 11:28 PM
Registered member

Digger70chall Digger70chall Digger70chall Digger70chall Digger70chall Digger70chall Digger70chall Digger70chall Digger70chall Digger70chall Digger70chall

but you could be dead 10 years from now...might as well enjoy some nice things now and just figure on being dead before retirement

Quick Reply: What car to buy?