Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

weld in muffler opinions...

Old 08-16-2004, 10:21 AM
Srsly.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these parts
Default weld in muffler opinions...

okay....

its time for the Mach to lose the Lincoln LS sounding exhaust and gain something a little more aggresive sounding. The other day a black SS pulled up next to me and revved, I proudly revved back but my tone was so quite I sounded like a pussy. My question is, is who makes a good weld-in muffler. I don't want to do a cat back system just yet. I'm more interested in keeping it relatively cheap, and would like to stay away from entire systems and the terribly common brand Flowmaster. I'd kinda perfer a stainless steel mufflers too. Any suggestions/recommendations?
Old 08-16-2004, 10:25 AM
Registered Member

Fat Nick Fat Nick Fat Nick Fat Nick Fat Nick Fat Nick
Default Re: weld in muffler opinions...

For the price you'll pay to rip out the old, put in the new, weld it, and buy the 2 new mufflers you're looking at close to $300. Do it right the first time and spend $360 and buy the stainless SLP Loudmouth from www.lmperformance.com and show that SS what's up. But if your insisted on wasting $ on mufflers get the Dynomax Ultraflow, they have a nice subtle tone, and don't break like Flows.
Old 08-16-2004, 10:42 AM
Srsly.

Brock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by Fat Nick
For the price you'll pay to rip out the old, put in the new, weld it, and buy the 2 new mufflers you're looking at close to $300. Do it right the first time and spend $360 and buy the stainless SLP Loudmouth from www.lmperformance.com and show that SS what's up. But if your insisted on wasting $ on mufflers get the Dynomax Ultraflow, they have a nice subtle tone, and don't break like Flows.
are they made of stainless? I know everyone uses Flowmaster, but are they good mufflers?

The reason I don't want to change system is because I want to keep the factory Mach 1 tips. I don't really want to change the exterior appearance of a limited production car too much.
Old 08-16-2004, 10:45 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by XCELR8
are they made of stainless? I know everyone uses Flowmaster, but are they good mufflers?

The reason I don't want to change system is because I want to keep the factory Mach 1 tips. I don't really want to change the exterior appearance of a limited production car too much.
Yes, Dynomax's are stainless. They are good and have a deeper tone than a Flow. As far as tips, you can cut and weld factories back onto SLP Loudmouth. I'm just trying to help you out so you don't spend $300 now and later spen $400 on a catback as well.
Old 08-16-2004, 10:51 AM
Srsly.

appreciated
Old 08-16-2004, 10:57 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by XCELR8
appreciated
So what is your decision? I know you envied Brandon's SLP's when you had the 2v.
Old 08-16-2004, 11:25 AM
sup

SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE

magnaflow
Old 08-16-2004, 11:28 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by silent noise
magnaflow
The Magnaflow doesn't sound bad on a Mustang, but sounds like the MAC in my opinion, all your paying for is the name. But muffler only, I think that also could be a good choice as well.
Old 08-16-2004, 11:32 AM
4.6>6.0

Dr. 4.6 is an unknown quantity at this point

Flows aren't that bad.
Old 08-16-2004, 11:34 AM
i got 5 on it

themacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these parts

Dynomax Ultraflow.

Fuck a Flowmaster.

Quick Reply: weld in muffler opinions...