VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   Automotive Discussion (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/automotive-discussion-8/)
-   -   Wanting some info on a loan i have. (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/automotive-discussion-8/wanting-some-info-loan-i-have-384771/)

pickupguy89 02-23-2011 11:36 AM

Re: Wanting some info on a loan i have.

This is what i got out of KBB

Private Seller: Good $8,215
SRV: Excellent $10,440

So im sure i can get about 7k-9k for it.

Sell it for anywhere around there and pay off the rest of whats left. prob be my best bet no?

Like im saying, buy a Civic, Vw, Nissan...Etc and Sell the car to carmax and pay off my loan thats a couple grand, will be paid off in a year or less and low payments, done :)

Computer_Nerd 02-23-2011 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by pickupguy89 (Post 6924420)
This is what i got out of KBB...

:thup:

daily cars are depreciating assets anyways.

ufctapout 02-23-2011 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by pickupguy89 (Post 6924420)
This is what i got out of KBB

Private Seller: Good $8,215
SRV: Excellent $10,440

So im sure i can get about 7k-9k for it.

Sell it for anywhere around there and pay off the rest of whats left. prob be my best bet no?

Like im saying, buy a Civic, Vw, Nissan...Etc and Sell the car to carmax and pay off my loan thats a couple grand, will be paid off in a year or less and low payments, done :)

Word of advice, don't expect Carmax to give you anything near what the KBB private party resale value is. If you think you could get $7-9k for it private party, I'd say Carmax's top offer will be $4k if you're lucky. But yes, selling private and paying the balance off would be your best bet.

pickupguy89 02-23-2011 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by ufctapout (Post 6924425)
Word of advice, don't expect Carmax to give you anything near what the KBB private party resale value is. If you think you could get $7-9k for it private party, I'd say Carmax's top offer will be $4k if you're lucky. But yes, selling private and paying the balance off would be your best bet.

Yeah when i went to a dealer to trade it in they were going to give me like 6.5k or something along the lines of that, so im going to stop by carmax tonight and see whats up, if its to low ill private sell it and pay off the rest, i put it on craigslist for what the 14 day payoff fee is and put obo so we will see whats up. thanks guys, ill repost what they give me when i get back

ufctapout 02-23-2011 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by pickupguy89 (Post 6924428)
Yeah when i went to a dealer to trade it in they were going to give me like 6.5k or something along the lines of that, so im going to stop by carmax tonight and see whats up, if its to low ill private sell it and pay off the rest, i put it on craigslist for what the 14 day payoff fee is and put obo so we will see whats up. thanks guys, ill repost what they give me when i get back

Trade-in offer is different. In a trade situation, they're going to make more money on the back end so they can "offer more" for your trade. If you're not buying a car from CarMax, bring some lube.

Computer_Nerd 02-23-2011 11:54 AM

CarMax, like many dealers, base offers on the dealer trade-in value. You will be better off trying to sell as private party. Check out auto trader and list it there.

pickupguy89 02-23-2011 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by Digital4N6 (Post 6924448)
CarMax, like many dealers, base offers on the dealer trade-in value. You will be better off trying to sell as private party. Check out auto trader and list it there.

I will check into autotrader, got to wait till next week to throw down some money on the ad $69.95 :)

Computer_Nerd 02-23-2011 12:06 PM

$20 for 3 weeks on auto trader.

ufctapout 02-23-2011 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by pickupguy89 (Post 6924470)
I will check into autotrader, got to wait till next week to throw down some money on the ad $69.95 :)

Craigslist for now. Just be prepared for some bullshit and shady characters, but it's still good sometimes.

pickupguy89 02-23-2011 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by ufctapout (Post 6924483)
Craigslist for now. Just be prepared for some bullshit and shady characters, but it's still good sometimes.

Yeah i have it on craigslist for now.

So i went to CarMax and they said 6k if i sold it to them or bought a car from them, so NOPE.

Ill sell to a private person.