Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

video/website

Old 06-09-2009, 08:58 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dgirouard39 has disabled reputation
Default video/website

hello all:

here is an idea i have had for a long time, and well its time to do it. i want to make a website and video for those cars that have the potential to be in a magezine, but haven't been found. i know that there are people out there with cars that haven't been to a legit car show, but would blow the competition out of the water. i want to make them reconized, i want to help you all car gods make it big.

this is what i do have and can offer
- i have the computer software and the knowledge to make a great video, edit pics, and webpage. i have been doing graphic arts for over 5 years and love it, but it doesn't pay shit.

this is what i need (voluntary)
- someone with a nice DSLR camera and knows how to use it.
- someone with a nice (not perfect) video camera, (not the flip or the little cheap ones) - preferably someone that has both and experiance.

this is what i would do with your info and car
- we would pic a date and do a photoshoot along with some videos, then we would sit down and write down all your mods. then i would ask for a ride (possibly drive it - you can drive my car to if it makes you feel better) and write about my experiance with both.
- then i would post it, and im making contact with some bigger sponsors (foxmarketing, hks, greddy, and such) to expand our advertisements some more. all my stuff would be copywrited and would not have just one specific make or region. i don't hate lol
- then once the site comes together i would start to bring this idea up to some wealthy people that i know (or if you know anyone) that would help produce a magazine.

i know this may sound dumb to some, but this is an idea i have.

in case you were wondering not every ricer and piece of crap car will make it to the website, i mean i can make a side section of the close calls, but there are some people on this forum that blow cars out of the sky.

please i would love input on this idea, and if you hate the idea, well don't say anything just please be curtious and all the help will be grately appreciated.

thanks guys
Derrick
Old 06-09-2009, 09:05 AM
Troll & Run

ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD
Default Re: video/website

Or they could just use the ones that are already established. Its not a good economic move to be making something with already big names dropping out of the game. IMO.
Old 06-09-2009, 09:06 AM
Keeping It Real !!

ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer

que ?
Old 06-09-2009, 09:09 AM
Troll & Run

ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD

Originally Posted by ravenracer
que ?
Are you confused? I kinda am too.
Old 06-09-2009, 09:10 AM
Registered Member

yes i understand that, but there are so many cars out there, and none of them get the credit they are deserved. and have you been to a car show? cause the ones that make it in the magazines have been in car shows. some people haven't been to the top name car shows. this is my way of helping those guys out.

me personally i have been to a few car shows and have seen better cars in the back country and apartment complexes then the shows.

thanks for the input, i do understand where your coming from though.
Old 06-09-2009, 09:10 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by ShawnD
Are you confused? I kinda am too.

lol me to?
Old 06-09-2009, 10:10 AM
1.6L Elitist

Newbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these parts

I heard that you need to be fluent in the English language in order to publish a magazine. This may be your single largest hurdle at this point.
Old 06-09-2009, 10:26 AM
Registered Member

how do you figure? i speak perfect english... and my writting skills could use some improvement, but this is a forum not a novel lol
Old 06-09-2009, 10:34 AM
Palming face

daveyfx will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by dgirouard39
how do you figure? i speak perfect english... and my writting skills could use some improvement, but this is a forum not a novel lol
Unless you're planning on doing "mags on tape," you'll need to polish up those writing skills as already eloquently stated by the guy with the 90 whp Miata.
Old 06-09-2009, 10:35 AM
I Love to Hate

B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well

Think of another genius idea cause this one..... not so good.

Quick Reply: video/website