Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Vehicle Laws

Old 10-31-2005, 11:53 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DOHC crx VTEC is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Vehicle Laws

I have asked several police officers but none of them will give me a straight answer.

Why do people (particularly imports) get pulled over for exhaust,altered suspension..every little thing

I mean look at the Mustangs..all the muscle cars..i think its just favor of the crowd IMO

But my main question is:

How "low" can your vehicle be?

Pretty dumb question i guess

Cuase if your in Va beach and your cars not stock...you better expect a ticket

Last edited by 88 Si Y8 Crix; 10-31-2005 at 03:59 PM.
Old 10-31-2005, 12:03 PM
Patron

soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion
Default Re: Vehicle Laws

Whether or not they'll admit it, people who's job is to prevent/stop trouble, profile. I readily admit that I profile people on this site based soley on user names and registration emails.

Want to know why people on here get pisssed at idiots that fuck up spots by doing jackass things like burnouts or speeding through lots? Because it reflects badly on all automotive enthusiasts.

A "modified" import car is more likely to start trouble than an unmodified one. That's life. Either get out there and do something to change that perception, or deal with it.

You're not a minority, are you? Because if you were, I doubt you would have asked this question.
Old 10-31-2005, 12:06 PM
#XV

El Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to behold

I got pulled over way driving a mustang than I have any other car.
Old 10-31-2005, 12:08 PM
VA

travisnd travisnd travisnd travisnd travisnd travisnd travisnd travisnd travisnd travisnd travisnd

I've never been pulled over in my slowmaro.
Old 10-31-2005, 12:09 PM
Ghetty Green

J-DIRTY30 J-DIRTY30 J-DIRTY30 J-DIRTY30 J-DIRTY30 J-DIRTY30 J-DIRTY30 J-DIRTY30 J-DIRTY30 J-DIRTY30 J-DIRTY30

You know my car is pretty riced out, and I haven't got pulled for my exhaust or anything to do with my car. The only ticket I got up here is a radar detector ticket, other than that its been kopestetic(sp).
Old 10-31-2005, 12:18 PM
Drink Up, Chumps

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

VA CODE 46.2-1063, if you are to lazy to look it up and read....14"
Old 10-31-2005, 12:58 PM
Fanboi

Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B

They make the laws for the purpose of impact worthiness. This is so if your stock civic gets in a collision with a stock F-150 the crash bars should meet up. This is why lowered cars and lifted cars get outlawed. When your slammed civic gets hit by a jacked up F-150 bad things happen.

However... cops do profile and a riced out or modded import is more likely to cause trouble than a lowered stang with flowmasters.
Old 10-31-2005, 03:33 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Cobra4B
They make the laws for the purpose of impact worthiness. This is so if your stock civic gets in a collision with a stock F-150 the crash bars should meet up. This is why lowered cars and lifted cars get outlawed. When your slammed civic gets hit by a jacked up F-150 bad things happen.

However... cops do profile and a riced out or modded import is more likely to cause trouble than a lowered stang with flowmasters.

True true..I mean i dont really drive stupid...im not a minority...I mean look at my exhaust...cops just look at it...ill get a pic on my post....Soul distortion...good point/theory... I mean it seems more or less that some cops arent out there to "protect and serve" more like to "hide and get your ass" It's just the other day me and my friend were driving down 264 driving a (99 Integra Gsr..lowered,exhuast,intake.etc) and a mustang pulls up next to us and we remain cruising while the mustang accelerates hard and hauls ass away..and we get pulled over for intent to street race when we were only cruising in 5th gear at 56-57..I think around va beach its more of "favor" of a car then laws..Va beach cops are just ridiculous
Old 10-31-2005, 03:47 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by blaxican25
I got pulled over way driving a mustang than I have any other car.

Well idk man,....ive never seen a mustang get pulled over even when there ballin past cops..
Old 10-31-2005, 03:50 PM
you suck, i know it

(F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-)

ohh kaaay, right
it has been seen quite often.
I doubt that you have been on the road long enuf to see...

Quick Reply: Vehicle Laws