Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Twin Turbo kits, or SC kits for 06-07 Mustang GT?

Old 02-06-2007, 07:49 AM
#XV

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
El Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Twin Turbo kits, or SC kits for 06-07 Mustang GT?

Originally Posted by Cobra4B
^ Tim... in an ideal world turbo is better... but in the world of a cramped mustang engine bay a KB fits much better.

The turbo fittament is way to tight for my liking. Hey... does STS make a kit for the Fords yet?
As Spic once told me, you can do anything with a plasma cutter.

I don't know if STS makes one yet, but Hellion makes a damned good product that requires not cutting.

Besides, if there's one thing I learned from modding imports, it's that you can free up lots of room when you get rid of the trivial things like A/C and power steering.
Old 02-06-2007, 08:43 AM
Fanboi

Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B

^ True... but after seeing the turbo setup in Koreandragon's car I'd never go that route... too much shit too close to other shit.
Old 02-06-2007, 10:50 AM
Srsly.

Brock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these parts

A blower is significantly easier to equip a Mustang with. Also, there are different sized blowers to suit your horsepower craving...
Old 02-06-2007, 11:01 AM
#XV

El Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by XCELR8
A blower is significantly easier to equip a Mustang with. Also, there are different sized blowers to suit your horsepower craving...
Easier, yes. Better, no. Turbos make more efficient power and you're a twist of a screw or a knob to up your boost.
Old 02-06-2007, 11:21 AM
Fanboi

Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B

^ Nobody is debating that... but after seeing the hellion Koreandragon has and the KB offerings I'd go KB.

Plus you get this...

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...31132000479627
Old 02-06-2007, 11:25 AM
SuperNeon

koreandragn is an unknown quantity at this point

Is it really worth putting a turbo kit on a stock motor 2v? Not to mention a tt kit cost almost 2x the price of a twin screw.
Old 02-06-2007, 11:26 AM
Fanboi

^ New poopstang is a 3v.
Old 02-06-2007, 11:41 AM
Srsly.

Brock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by Cobra4B
^ Nobody is debating that... but after seeing the hellion Koreandragon has and the KB offerings I'd go KB.

Plus you get this...

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...31132000479627
...took the words outta my mouth Brian. With the exception of maybe a Whipple instead of a Kenne Bell.

Originally Posted by koreandragn
Is it really worth putting a turbo kit on a stock motor 2v? Not to mention a tt kit cost almost 2x the price of a twin screw.
EDIT: shit... Brian beat me to that
Old 02-06-2007, 11:45 AM
#XV

Remember the video of the cobra that ran a 13 something after rolling across the line and waiting for 3 seconds?

That was a Hellion TT.

Turbo FTW.
Old 02-06-2007, 02:11 PM
SuperNeon

koreandragn is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by blaxican25
Remember the video of the cobra that ran a 13 something after rolling across the line and waiting for 3 seconds?

That was a Hellion TT.

Turbo FTW.
It honestly comes down to how much money he wants to spend. If you plan on putting a lot of money into the car(10k+) than a turbo is the way for you. If you want a fast street car, than I'd just go with a kb. Honestly, if I could go back, I'd probably do a kb and a 4r70w.

Quick Reply: Twin Turbo kits, or SC kits for 06-07 Mustang GT?