VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   Automotive Discussion (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/automotive-discussion-8/)
-   -   Turbo which engine? Help (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/automotive-discussion-8/turbo-engine-help-115855/)

MaxPower 11-09-2005 11:00 AM

Re: Turbo which engine? Help

I would say the only reason ppl like B18b with turbo's is because the have less compression compared to a B18c(stock). If you planning on building it go with a b18c, and if money is not an issue why not get a K24 and put a type S head on it. A k series motor will be easier to find with less miles and responds better to mods than any of the B series motor's. If you going for a 500 HP daily driver I would agree with everyone else and go with another car so your able to have traction in first, second, and third gear.

that's my 2 cents

whosthatguy 11-10-2005 03:22 PM

Money isn't an issue with what I want to do to an ek hatch, and of course if I picked another, more expensive car, a Supra for instance, then money would be an issue. "Dose of reality"....? I seen plenty of fwd Hondas putting down more than 500hp, of course they put alot of money into it, but regardless, it's there. This isn't going to be a daily driver, but more or less a weekend car. I don't know much about Hondas because my previous project cars have been BMWs. However, my personal mechanic is soon retiring, so I figured I would move on to another type of vehicles. Again everybody's input on which engine to turbo is appreciated. Thank you

(F-) 11-10-2005 03:28 PM

you are full of shit

full

of

shit

incase you dident get what i said or think i am jokeing

YOU ARE FULL OF SHIT, DO NOT WASTE OUR TIME WITH YOUR PIPE DREAMS

20$ says that your are 18 or younger a booter in the navy

non-vtecpower 11-10-2005 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by l8apex
20$ says that your are 18 or younger a booter in the navy

He is 23 and a student.... Pay up sucka.

I accept paypal.

Keepin it Klean 11-10-2005 09:58 PM

If money isn't really an issue, get a B18c, you can get a B18c1 from a US GSR or a JDM B18c in either the gsr or type r versions. I'd suggest the us gsr or b18c gsr. Type R will run you a lot more.

For that much power your going to have to sleeve the block, purchase low compression pistons, upgraded rods, larger injectors (1000cc's), get a decent engine management setup, be it Hondata, Uberdata, etc.

Another thing is the actual turbo kit itself, I've seen it a million times, spend money on the good stuff first, and you won't have to buy things over and over. Look at Full Race turbo kits, they are in the $3-4.5k range, but just about the best you can get as far as kits go.

Check out www.honda-tech.com as well. There is TONS of info there pertaining to 4-500 hp Hondas. Good Luck.

Keepin it Klean 11-10-2005 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by l8apex
you are full of shit

Sometimes, it's blatently obvious people try too hard.

:thup:

zappas 11-11-2005 09:14 AM

You dont know what engine you want to boost, and you dont know shit about turbo's im guessing.

so why dont you take your car to a shop and just give them 20k and call it a day.

Hollaback1 11-11-2005 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by Keepin it Klean
Sometimes, it's blatently obvious people try too hard.

:thup:

Thank you for helping out whosthatguy. Really, what the hell is wrong with everybody else being so negative. Do yall just wake up every morning, realize how ur life sucks and try to shit all over everbody. Really, u mean to tell me that u never asked for help. So for the Siliva guy does "I'm new to the area, does anybody know where there are performance shops" ring a bell?

Qwiksillva 11-11-2005 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by Hollaback1
Thank you for helping out whosthatguy. Really, what the hell is wrong with everybody else being so negative. Do yall just wake up every morning, realize how ur life sucks and try to shit all over everbody. Really, u mean to tell me that u never asked for help. So for the Siliva guy does "I'm new to the area, does anybody know where there are performance shops" ring a bell?

That's not the same thing as not having enough mechanical knowledge.

There isn't excuse for not knowing mechanics except that you just plain and simple don't know. However being new to the are would be a very legitimate excuse for not knowing where some of the local shops are.

Hollaback1 11-13-2005 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by Qwiksillva
That's not the same thing as not having enough mechanical knowledge.

There isn't excuse for not knowing mechanics except that you just plain and simple don't know. However being new to the are would be a very legitimate excuse for not knowing where some of the local shops are.

Agreed, but a question for help, is a question for help regardless of what it retains to... Plus you weren't born knowing everything, you learn as you go...