Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Trading Lightning For 03 SMG M3

Old 08-04-2007, 08:10 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Josh1 has disabled reputation
Default Trading Lightning For 03 SMG M3

Decided I wanted something more luxury and still have speed so I am choosing to switch to a M3. I have always wanted this car but never have made enough money to afford it until now. I still am debating on trading in the L for it because I love the truck, but hate all the suspension problems it has been giving me by blowing out shocks after shocks. Even when I wanted to go back to stock springs and stock shocks, I cannot find anyone willing to trade for a pair of hotchkis coils. I am just too dam low in the front with the 2 inch drop control arms and 2 inch drop springs. My real question is would you trade in your L for a M3?
Old 08-04-2007, 08:13 AM
Registered Member

Default Re: Trading Lightning For 03 SMG M3

Here are some pics of the L:

Old 08-04-2007, 08:29 AM
#XV

El Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to behold

I would trade it without question.
Old 08-04-2007, 08:32 AM
VaDriven Mayhem

Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous

Really?

I don't think the Lightining is worth near what the M3 would be.

Maybe plus cash
Old 08-04-2007, 08:40 AM
Registered Member

I am loosing about $4,000 on the L with the trade in. I just hope the M3 meets my standards on speed. I just love the L's trq and love taking corners and making the tail fly out. The thing is like a trq monster. Hit the gas and watch the smoke come in the windows from the tires sceaming in pain. I just hate how ford makes it so hard to lower these things like other companys like dodge and chevy you can slam to the ground with no problems.
Old 08-04-2007, 08:41 AM
SOI SOI SOI SOI SOI

vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage

I don't know of any e46 M3 owner that would give up their car for a truck. Maybe if they needed to haul a bunch of shit or something
Old 08-04-2007, 08:44 AM
#XV

El Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by vmspionage
I don't know of any e46 M3 owner that would give up their car for a truck. Maybe if they needed to haul a bunch of shit or something
It's my understanding that you can't really haul things in a lightning.

But if his idea of a good car involves a bunch of reneckery, it's probably best that he stick to the Lightning.
Old 08-04-2007, 09:06 AM
Registered Member

I am trading it in at the dealership not to a owner of a M3. All my cars have been imports starting from a turbocharged civic, crx, 350Z, scion TC, and now a Ford Lightning. It is just nice having something that can beat alot of highpriced cars and also have four wheeler in the back. I have put many of faces of confusion on peoples faces when trying to race me. I just hope the M3 when I get it lives up to everything I have heard about it. Only thing sucks about the M3 that worrys me is I like to upgrade things to my likes and it costs big money (like $10,000 for just a supercharger kit) to upgrade this thing. It is mainly just to pimp out and not really meant for anything but tracking events. They do pretty good at the dragstrip with little mods like 12.8 with just some drag radials and a intake and flash. I am probably going to get it, but it just sucks I will be loosing it especially since they just came out with a new whipple supercharger that is gone from a 2.3L to a 3.4L. Just think of the trq that baby should make.
Old 08-04-2007, 11:54 AM
XGP15A-II

J!NX J!NX J!NX J!NX J!NX J!NX J!NX J!NX J!NX J!NX J!NX

Originally Posted by Josh1
turbocharged civic, crx, 350Z, scion TC, and now a Ford Lightning.
Your list seems really out of wack; it should go

"CRX, Turbo Civic, TC, 350Z/Lightning"
Anyway; if your losing money, don't do it, find someone to buy your L so you dont lose 4 G's.
Old 08-04-2007, 12:02 PM
Banned

Kyon Kyon Kyon

check out HorsePowerFreaks turbo setup. i think it is 16 grand, but puts down 750 at the crank. think of driving that machine it ran an 11.66 on 19inch street tires. cant beat that price for a luxury car that can kill exotics

btw, thats my "dream" car. black on black coupe with a HPF turbo setup.

Quick Reply: Trading Lightning For 03 SMG M3