Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Too many events?

Old 09-03-2005, 03:15 PM
I love WaWa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Paul Paul Paul Paul Paul Paul Paul Paul Paul Paul Paul
Default Too many events?

As much as I hate to say it, after going to the ODU show today, I think we may be having too many local events and it is killing interest. There seems to be something in the 757 area at least every other weekend, and if you travel to NOVA you can go to something every weekend. Now I would hate to say we shouldn't have events, or even that we should cut down on them. But maybe rather then doing shows the organizers in the area might consider doing more barbecue type events. Or beach events or something like that, rather then calling them car shows. I didn't stay for todays whole event, but I hope the organizers did not have to give away all the trophies they brought. It doesnt even seem like they could have made enough money from the entrants to cover the price of the trophies. That kind of thing is going to make the events die and we will wind up with no events again.
Old 09-03-2005, 09:27 PM
Needs a fast car now

NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET
Default Re: Too many events?

Nah dude its good, if there is nothing else to do...its entertaining.
Old 09-03-2005, 09:31 PM
squad up!!!

To0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud of

They broke even and actually made a couple hundred bucks profit.. This was their first car show and on Labor day weekend at that.. I'm sure gas prices kept some people at home..
Old 09-03-2005, 11:16 PM
I love WaWa

Paul Paul Paul Paul Paul Paul Paul Paul Paul Paul Paul

Originally Posted by To0C0oL
They broke even and actually made a couple hundred bucks profit.. This was their first car show and on Labor day weekend at that.. I'm sure gas prices kept some people at home..
I left around 2:30, at that time there were probably less then 15 entrants. I hope they made some money, but I just don't see how.
I would also guess that about 40% of the entrants where straight stock. The BMW, the Porsche, the Rousche, and the Saleen, and a couple of the SRT-4s.

Even the regulars didn't show up. You could tell the coordinators where a little upset too. Maybe it was gas prices, I probably would not have gone if this was held over in Newport News. But there are a lot of guys who read this board in Vabeach, and Norfolk.
Old 09-04-2005, 06:52 AM
squad up!!!

To0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud of

All 3 of those SRT-4's were heavily modified.. I got there around 1:45-2:ish and entered my car for shits and giggles.. It wasnt washed, inside was dirty as fuck and I had my damn ET Streets in the back of it, So I decided to throw them on my roof for attention haha.. My car doesnt even look that nice to begin with..