Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

tockico blues shipping weight

Old 05-03-2008, 06:11 PM
formerly Black_Man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fried_Chicken Fried_Chicken Fried_Chicken Fried_Chicken Fried_Chicken Fried_Chicken Fried_Chicken Fried_Chicken Fried_Chicken Fried_Chicken Fried_Chicken
Default tockico blues shipping weight

so i ordered a complete set of 4 tockico blues recently and just got my tracking #. so i check it out, and the shipping weight is a measley 10lbs. maybe it's just me cause i'm extra analytical and super skeptical, but somebody put my conscious to rest...does a set of shock/struts weigh 10lbs? if you answer yes, i'll most certainly sleep better tonight
Old 05-03-2008, 06:38 PM
Registered member

BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT
Default Re: tockico blues shipping weight

They weigh like 50 lbs. dude, you got scammed!
Old 05-03-2008, 06:45 PM
slowest member

slimb is infamous around these partsslimb is infamous around these partsslimb is infamous around these partsslimb is infamous around these partsslimb is infamous around these partsslimb is infamous around these partsslimb is infamous around these partsslimb is infamous around these partsslimb is infamous around these partsslimb is infamous around these partsslimb is infamous around these parts

not sure what type of car you have but accroding to this site http://www.weaponspeed.com/HONDA-01-...s-p-20974.html for a 01-02 civic they weigh 35 pounds. that seems to be average weight after browsing the site
Old 05-03-2008, 06:49 PM
formerly Black_Man

Fried_Chicken Fried_Chicken Fried_Chicken Fried_Chicken Fried_Chicken Fried_Chicken Fried_Chicken Fried_Chicken Fried_Chicken Fried_Chicken Fried_Chicken

oh jesus...well, i ordered them from importhorizon.com i'll check the e-mail again to make sure i didn't mis-read it

EDIT:and upon further review, i believe the doo-doo heads shipped a single shock/strut, not the 4 i paid for...online purchases ftl

Last edited by Fried_Chicken; 05-03-2008 at 06:55 PM.
Old 05-04-2008, 06:08 PM
baller/dickbutt#69

nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn

thats what happens when you deal with doo-doo heads
Old 05-05-2008, 08:29 AM
formerly Black_Man

Default Re: tokico blues shipping weight

Originally Posted by nftuatn
thats what happens when you deal with doo-doo heads
lol, i just got a reply from them, they said they shipped only 2 of the struts in one package and they had to order the other two directly from tokico because they didn't have the complete set in stock. i'm SO relieved...i kinda feel bad cause i've been hassling them over the weekend about my order. but i imagine so would anyone else if they had any doubts about their $300+ order.
Old 05-05-2008, 08:35 AM
FUCK!

JamesPrelude JamesPrelude JamesPrelude JamesPrelude JamesPrelude JamesPrelude JamesPrelude JamesPrelude JamesPrelude JamesPrelude JamesPrelude

but if they sent out two in one.. the weight would have been 17 something? When we ship stuff we're told to round up.
Old 05-05-2008, 08:46 AM
formerly Black_Man

^ as far as i know, the fronts are structured differently than the rears, so i'm guessing that there has to be a weight difference also. how much that difference is, i'm not so sure
Old 05-07-2008, 09:22 AM
formerly Black_Man

please close, just got all 4 struts/shocks in today, 2 packages were sent, 2 shocks in each package, equaling 20lbs total. thanks everyone for your input!