VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   Automotive Discussion (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/automotive-discussion-8/)
-   -   Tire shine? (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/automotive-discussion-8/tire-shine-49530/)

AlmostfastLT1 04-14-2004 08:46 AM

Re: Tire shine?

migeaurs tire gel, it is purple gel, it is the best and last a long time and doesn't fling all over the car.

sorry for the spelling

flow fx 04-14-2004 09:03 AM

Gel is REALLY, REALLY bad to use.

As was said, it coats your tires.. What do your tires do? Move.

Where does the tire slime go? On your paint.

I used to use it all the time, and eventually had huge problems with faded paint spots directly behind my wheels

Plus IMO gel looks cheap as hell, like an afro covered in grease.

I like crisp, clean, black tires and interior.. Not shiny oily

GodsOther 04-14-2004 09:51 AM

I've never used gel, I just use the eagle 1 stuff (can't remember the name) take my car for a spin then wash/wax, that way the "slinging" is kept to a minimum, some of you may laugh but it works!

ritz 04-14-2004 10:24 AM

Use Gel and let your car sit for a while before driving it.

Meguiars Gel all the way. My tires will still be shiny after I wash the car from the last time I shined them.

Mi4Dub 04-14-2004 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by ritz
Use Gel and let your car sit for a while before driving it.

Meguiars Gel all the way. My tires will still be shiny after I wash the car from the last time I shined them.

:thup:

nolongerhere. 04-14-2004 10:46 AM

meguiars gel is hot shit.
i don't use it though, i use the armor all foam, my shits stay shiny for awhile.

Brock Obama 04-14-2004 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by EvaUnit01
XCELR8, that's exactly the same stuff that i used, I have yokohama AVS ES100 tires on my RSX and I first made sure they were nice and scrubbed down. Sprayed the tire foam on, and after this rain, my side walls are brown. I'm kinda leary about the westleys stuff b/c i heard if it gets on your paint, it sucks to have that happen. What brands are you talking about zero signal? Thanks for your help guys.

Don't be afraid of Westly's at all! You can spray that stuff right on your paint and it wouldn't hurt it at all. I really wouldn't do it for the hell of it, but if a little bit splashes on the paint, just rinse it off when you rinse the rest of the tire off. I guarantee it won't hurt your paint. As for the shine turning brown after the rain, I don't know what to tell you. The only thing the rain does to me is wash it off (Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3's). The way I look at it though as if it rained the car is going to have to be washed anyways and thats the perfect time to fix your shine. As far as the shit slingin' everywhere, your going to have to let it soak in for a while if you really don't want it all over your paint or just take a towel and very lighlty blot the excess off. Your shine won't be as bright, but it will still look very nice, sometimes better in my opinion.

Brock Obama 04-14-2004 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by flo w fx
Gel is REALLY, REALLY bad to use.

As was said, it coats your tires.. What do your tires do? Move.

Where does the tire slime go? On your paint.

I used to use it all the time, and eventually had huge problems with faded paint spots directly behind my wheels

Plus IMO gel looks cheap as hell, like an afro covered in grease.

I like crisp, clean, black tires and interior.. Not shiny oily

My opinion exactly

eng 04-14-2004 11:57 AM

I use TurtleWax Tire Wax. Doesn't seem to come off the tires since you apply it with a sponge, then again I usually let the car sit for a bit after putting it on.

ToyotaTechGeek 04-14-2004 01:26 PM

bleeche white could possibly etch aluminimum wheels. it could also eat-up clear coat on painted wheels. the simple green is good stuff, but make sure to take a brush to it otherwise it looks streaky on the tire. meguiar's gold class rubber protector is good stuff. the results you get depends on how well you clean the tire itself. stoner more shine, less time is also the shiz.

if you don't have any money, but have some dish soap, like say lemon fresh joy, use it. the results are staggering.