Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Tire shine?

Old 04-13-2004, 03:10 PM
Heretic & RSX driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EvaUnit01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Tire shine?

What do you all use for tire shine? i tried the armor all spray stuff and it made my tires brown.
Old 04-13-2004, 04:01 PM
Srsly.

Brock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these parts
Default Re: Tire shine?

Armour All Detailer Advantage tire foam. Works great, you just have to let it soak in. If this is the same stuff you used and it turned your tires brown, you might want to take some Westly's bleach white to your tires, then you should be good ass new.
Old 04-13-2004, 04:12 PM

Zero Signal is an unknown quantity at this point

Stay away from the cheap silicon based tire treatments. They can sling off onto your paint.
Old 04-14-2004, 04:39 AM
Heretic & RSX driver

XCELR8, that's exactly the same stuff that i used, I have yokohama AVS ES100 tires on my RSX and I first made sure they were nice and scrubbed down. Sprayed the tire foam on, and after this rain, my side walls are brown. I'm kinda leary about the westleys stuff b/c i heard if it gets on your paint, it sucks to have that happen. What brands are you talking about zero signal? Thanks for your help guys.
Old 04-14-2004, 04:45 AM
Registered Member

ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ

The wheels need to be clean first. If not the tire shine won't work right. I think you mentioned something about rain. Almost all tire dressings are water based. So the second it rains it's gone. I suggest simple green to clean the wheels. Don't just spray it on. Scrub the shit out of the tires. Then I use (I believe) black magic. Spray that on the eagle applicator pad and wipe on. But then again I never wash my car so this post may be usless.
Old 04-14-2004, 04:50 AM
Heretic & RSX driver

Simple green huh? might try that, i dont want something that if i accidentally get some on the paint, it's gonna eat the paint up. I might give the black magic a try or some meguiar's. I should try meguiar's, i practically have all their products.
Old 04-14-2004, 07:57 AM

Zero Signal is an unknown quantity at this point

Speaking of Simple Green, that shit works wonders on cleaning stubborn stains in your interior. Spray it on a rag and rub your dash and door panels (if they're vinyl) and you'll be amazed at all the shit that comes out. I recommend using Armor All or some other leather/vinyl treatment afterwards though. The Simple Green could dry out the vinyl if you just left it.
Old 04-14-2004, 08:04 AM
nannerpus, nannerpus

Carter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these parts

I use any gel, the spray stuff doesn't work. I think right now I'm using the one with black sparkles in it, even though that's kinda gay, it looks pretty decent.
Old 04-14-2004, 08:06 AM
Biding time

montman is infamous around these partsmontman is infamous around these partsmontman is infamous around these partsmontman is infamous around these partsmontman is infamous around these partsmontman is infamous around these partsmontman is infamous around these partsmontman is infamous around these partsmontman is infamous around these partsmontman is infamous around these partsmontman is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by Carter
I use any gel, the spray stuff doesn't work. ...
Agreed, I use the Meguires gel, the spray always came off quickly.
Old 04-14-2004, 08:25 AM
Heretic & RSX driver

The only thing about the gel cuz i tried that, it's too much for me, too thick and looks like someone put oil on the tires. It's too shiny for me. I just want a decent spray that looks nice and doesnt turn the tires brown.

Quick Reply: Tire shine?