Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Timing

Old 10-27-2010, 03:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
aniretaKrace aniretaKrace aniretaKrace aniretaKrace aniretaKrace aniretaKrace aniretaKrace aniretaKrace aniretaKrace aniretaKrace aniretaKrace
Default Timing

So anybody at pro at setting timing in a small block 350 engine?

this is getting to be a pain in my ass
Old 10-27-2010, 04:27 PM
ATGATT

marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike
Default Re: Timing........

I would think Suffolk would be full of people skilled at that.
Old 10-27-2010, 04:36 PM
baller/dickbutt#69

nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn

set the 1 piston at top dead center...its the left front piston if your sitting in the car..

pull a plug and get somebody to bump it over till compression pushes ypur thumb off the hole...

see where the timing marks are on the dampner...

then find the 1 spark plug wire on the cap...and then remove cap from dizzy,the rotor button has to be pointing to the 1 plug wire.. pull the dizzy up and keep moving the rotor button until its aiming at 1 when the dizzy is all the way down...it will move as you push it into the camshaft...
Old 10-27-2010, 04:41 PM
ATGATT

marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike

I bet nftuatn would do this for you for free...it'll just cost you about 35 minutes and your...uh...presence.
Old 10-28-2010, 02:24 PM

aniretaKrace aniretaKrace aniretaKrace aniretaKrace aniretaKrace aniretaKrace aniretaKrace aniretaKrace aniretaKrace aniretaKrace aniretaKrace

stfu marlin

the distributor is already in and lined up with TDC. now im turning the cap a lil to the left and right and trying to fire it up. in and out of the truck 50xmillion times lol. ill look into doing that tho. hopfully it will work
Old 10-28-2010, 03:07 PM
ATGATT

Originally Posted by aniretaKrace
stfu marlin

I was just making a joke from an earlier thread in which nftuatn noted how sometimes he is offered, uh, let's call them trades.
Old 10-28-2010, 06:14 PM
Registered member

RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask
Default Re: Timing

Make sure its not 180 out.

Edit: Also, hook a plug up to the end of a wire to watch to make sure you're getting spark.

Last edited by RandomTask; 10-29-2010 at 03:16 AM.
Old 10-28-2010, 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by marlinspike

I was just making a joke from an earlier thread in which nftuatn noted how sometimes he is offered, uh, let's call them trades.
OIC
Old 11-01-2010, 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by nftuatn
set the 1 piston at top dead center...its the left front piston if your sitting in the car..

pull a plug and get somebody to bump it over till compression pushes ypur thumb off the hole...

see where the timing marks are on the dampner...

then find the 1 spark plug wire on the cap...and then remove cap from dizzy,the rotor button has to be pointing to the 1 plug wire.. pull the dizzy up and keep moving the rotor button until its aiming at 1 when the dizzy is all the way down...it will move as you push it into the camshaft...
yo did u rep me? or is marlin a weirdo
Old 11-01-2010, 07:15 PM
baller/dickbutt#69

nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn

Originally Posted by aniretaKrace
yo did u rep me? or is marlin a weirdo
wasnt me...cause i could rep you now..probably marlin...did he sign my name??????

Quick Reply: Timing