Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Ticket and Driver improvement question?!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-29-2004, 04:36 PM
Blow Me

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stillpushin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Ticket and Driver improvement question?!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay here is the deal. The other day i got a certified letter from DMV. The letter states that i am required to take a driver improvement course or else i will lose my liscense. It does not seem like anyone else i know has had to do this with the amount of ticket they had. When i was 17 i had a speeding ticket. Took a course through the courts and it was dismissed. Few months back now 18 I got an expired plates and exhaust (which i beleive to be irrelevant), and then over christmas break i got a failure to yield at a stop sign. Is this standard protocol. Or have they gotten stricter or something.
Old 02-29-2004, 05:45 PM
Site Founder

sung sung sung sung sung sung sung sung sung sung sung
Default Re: Ticket and Driver improvement question?!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anytime you get a moving violation ticket with a Virginia Driver's License while being 19 or younger, you must goto driver improvement class.
Old 03-01-2004, 04:10 AM
round ii

Black Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond repute

I had to take the course myself. 3 months before i turned 18 i got a ticket... made me take the damn course. do yourself a favor though, once you get the course taken care of, go to DMV and show them that you took it. dont listen to the instructor of course with their "i'll get it taken care of" bullcrap. the lady didnt do it for me and i got pulled a few days later, license was suspended, it showed i never took the course. so i had to go back to dmv, handle all that, pay $60 to re-instate license (ontop of the $60 i paid for course).
grrrr
Old 03-01-2004, 08:28 AM
Registered Member

Fat Nick Fat Nick Fat Nick Fat Nick Fat Nick Fat Nick

I too had to take one back in April for a whole 8 hours on a Saturday. I was told by the guy that he would send the info I don't know if he did. How can I find out if my lic. is suspended?
Old 03-01-2004, 09:44 AM
TSSSSSSSSSSS

MSeunos MSeunos MSeunos MSeunos MSeunos MSeunos MSeunos MSeunos MSeunos MSeunos MSeunos

i got one of those letters, but like you i had already taken the class once to throw out another ticket, so i called and told them to use the certificate from the last time
and it worked
Old 03-01-2004, 12:35 PM
Blow Me

Stillpushin is an unknown quantity at this point

Really, so that means the course i took from my first ticket when i was 17 will work. I will check that out but i guess the negative points couldn't hurt.
Old 03-01-2004, 11:13 PM
TSSSSSSSSSSS

MSeunos MSeunos MSeunos MSeunos MSeunos MSeunos MSeunos MSeunos MSeunos MSeunos MSeunos

im not sayin it will work, im just sayin it did work, it probably also helped that i had 2 tickets really close together