Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Tiburon

Old 04-16-2004, 11:38 PM
Back for more

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GodsOther is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Tiburon

I saw a newer tib driving today with a real clean body kit dropped and such and I have to say cosmetically it was a really good looking car, so here is my question. The new tibs are they "tuner friendly"? I don't hear a lot about them and the GT (V6 Version) comes with ~180hp? I wonder what kind of aftermarket support there is for these and how much hp you can make and how easily or are these cars to mod. Are they are asthetically pleasing and just don't make big power? I don't know much about them but am very curious... thoughts anyone?
Old 04-17-2004, 09:21 AM
Bro'd Out

Tito Tito Tito Tito Tito Tito Tito Tito Tito Tito Tito
Default Re: Tiburon

there is more aftermarket support for the 2.0L beta engine since it's been around a lot longer, the v6 is becoming more and more popular just be cause it's a v6 wow...

wanna learn about tiburons go to
www.hyundaiperformance.com/forums ...and go to the GK section (that's what the new tiburon is called)

www.newtiburon.com (i think this is one)

the aftermarket support for all hyundais is pretty good, people just don't know/give a shit. yes there are many stupid people, that rice out their cars and other stupid things on the hyundai websites but there are a few that know what they're talking about.
Old 04-17-2004, 01:41 PM
Back for more

I assume they are FWD, I just wasn't sure what kind of support their was and what the fun factor in one is as compared to other cars. Do most guys go N/A with them or is there going to be a failry good FI following, I read on one of those sites that the bottom ends on the new delta's are a little on the weak side... not sure what the buzz is in the community.
Old 04-17-2004, 02:08 PM
i got 5 on it

themacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these parts

The buzz is "it's still just a $19k Kia".
Old 04-17-2004, 02:47 PM
Bro'd Out

they are FWD, so as always traction is an issue. NA is a lost cause for the BETA...your not gonna get anything...boost is where it's at they make some good turbo kits that are t3/t4 setups. the beta block is strong and can hold boost i really haven't heard of any body blowing engines and shit a whole lot, btu of course most run at relatively low boost, and from what i hear the headgaskets on the stock engines are what they use on the tibby drag cars in korea. so yeah it's a strong motor. the only major problem that' ive heard associated to the tiburon is people getting lemons that have shitty tranny's and clutches that go out all the time. but again those are lemons...i drive my car hard with like 87k on the odometer still stock clutch and stock tranny and i've had no problems even though i do drive it hard. but the key would be to make sure to get teh 2.0L engine (should be in all 98+) it's basically the same as the 1.8L engine but the displacement is bigger.

as for the delta platform i have basically no idea bout it since i don't have one and don't really plan on getting one.

the FI is a decent following, but a lot of them are just ricers...just dont' get sucked into the stupidity most of the people on the boards have, and try and disregard people that ask "what are the biggest rims i can fit on my car" and "check out my new graphics" and "what wing should i buy" just try and overlook that shit.
Old 04-17-2004, 03:45 PM
Back for more

Oh yeah there are some on EVERY board. I was just looking at one from the standpoint of hmmm 20k? and it's got potential, and no one around here has one done right? sounds like a good project but I still want to build up a VW A2 Turbo Beast
Old 04-17-2004, 03:58 PM
Registered Member

Skeeter has disabled reputation

Tib'n'Rice is pretty much accurate with his descriptions. The Latest Tiburon is getting a good ammount of Aftermarket support. I bought a 2003 GT v6. As Tib'n'Rice said... not much capability in it. There have been rumors that the block doesnt' handle well to over 250 whp however there are members on NewTiburon.com whom are pushing 300 without problems.

Simple bolt-ons such as I/H/E give good results on the v6... bit i've heard of the i4 w/ turbo kits have smoked the v6 even with a supercharger.

If you're looking for tunability.. the i4 is your best bet with the highest potential.

As for the Kia comment.. whatever hater.
Old 04-17-2004, 04:00 PM
Back for more

Yeah I just really like the lines on it (Actually I have always thought they looked good) it was just the Hyundai rep and the few that I drove that weren't exactly impressive that turned me off but now I am thinking they may have come around.
Old 04-17-2004, 04:05 PM
Bro'd Out

where are you located? you can take mine for a spin this summer if your in the 757 area...several people have driven it and really liked how it felt.
Old 04-17-2004, 04:15 PM
Registered Member

Skeeter has disabled reputation

Same offer here -- NOVA... granted i'm quite stock

Quick Reply: Tiburon