Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Those of you that have QTC cutouts....

Old 07-04-2004, 03:08 PM
ahhhh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
split has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Those of you that have QTC cutouts....

For those of you that have QTC or any other brand electric cutout, have you had any problems with the motor "coming/falling/breaking" off? I made it all the way to Nebraska, pulled into a motel and heard a scraping sound.....it was the motor dragging...I only opened the cutout maybe 4 times between VA and NE. Yes my car is lowered but I didn't knock it off on the ground because the way it was situated was such that the motor was facing up.
The reason I'm asking is because when I called QTC they told me they have a week and a half turn around time with a $30 fee. Like a dumbass I didn't save the block-off plate....but that's beside the point, I still am waiting for my car to get here to Oahu.
Old 07-07-2004, 01:32 PM
Srsly.

Brock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these parts
Default Re: Those of you that have QTC cutouts....

I know several people with them and they haven't had a bit of troubles with them. One guy has had his cut outs on his car for over a year and work perfect every time.
Old 07-09-2004, 06:55 PM
ahhhh

split has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond repute

=[ ok thanks...
Old 07-09-2004, 07:02 PM
Motor Trend Mechanic

VT Prix GT 2006 is an unknown quantity at this point

I've had the MPP2 electric cutout for almost a year, no problems at all. However, I do know of 2 owners of the QTEC unit and they've complained about the plates not closing all the way.