Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

TEST DRIVE

Old 12-28-2005, 04:02 PM
No more yellow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bigbodycrx has disabled reputation
Default Re: TEST DRIVE

nice post
Old 12-28-2005, 04:09 PM
Not-So-Fatty McFat

BLU CIVIC BLU CIVIC BLU CIVIC BLU CIVIC BLU CIVIC BLU CIVIC BLU CIVIC BLU CIVIC BLU CIVIC BLU CIVIC BLU CIVIC

wow...need you to start going out reviewing carsi'm considering to buy
Old 12-28-2005, 04:44 PM
Registered member

Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol

Originally Posted by IAmCman
Do the new MX-5 after that!

Make sure you do try a new Mustang GT too. They're definitely at least a decent drive.

I did the Mustang. Its on the first page.
I didnt want to make a new Thread for each car so I have been posting them in this single thread. The Mustang one is the third one down.

Thanks again for all the good feedback!
Old 12-28-2005, 04:47 PM
Registered member

Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol

So far the cars I have done are the SCION TC / COBALT SS / ECLIPSE 06 GT /MUSTANG GT/ SOLSTICE ... up next is the GTO /SRT -4 / 350z / S2000/ RX-8
Old 12-28-2005, 06:51 PM
Yup, jolly poopbuggy

Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey

Originally Posted by WillSol
... up next is the GTO /SRT -4 / 350z / S2000/ RX-8
Did you test all of those already? Go drive a new miata (mx-5 ))
Old 12-28-2005, 06:57 PM
Registered member

Yes I have driven all of them. I have been home since the 11th. Im on vacation and have nothing better to do...lol

As for the SRT-4 I owned one so I can give a review on it already.

The miata I have driven before but not the new one.
Old 12-28-2005, 07:01 PM
Yup, jolly poopbuggy

Originally Posted by WillSol
The miata I have driven before but not the new one.
I was suggesting driving the new one.

As for the EVO talk earlier, I'm sure one can be had for under the sticker. I've seen plenty of dealers selling them online when I happen across the EVO boards.
Old 12-28-2005, 07:42 PM
Registered member

Ok here is the review of the GTO since it is still fresh in my head.

The 05 GTO is pretty cool. Im not impressed much with the availible colors or the brightness of them, they just seem dull even though its a brand new car. Looking the car over it really doesnt do the GTO name justice. In no way whatsoever does it inspire thoughts of speed or thrills of power sliding through tight corners((yes I use power slide..its what drifting use to be called)) The car is very understated but does have smooth lines and is aerodynamic. There is some new "flashy stuff" on the car like the hood scoops and new side molding and rear skirt. Its alright but still just doesnt do whats under the hood justice...for god sakes man its a VETTE ENGINE show it off. Popping the trunk and hood you see a good layout in the engine bay if you chose to work on the car yourself. The trunk has hardly any room since the gas tank is right behind the rear seat, not sure if this is the safest but I believe it does help with the balance of the car and alows it such a low stance. Inside the interior is very plush leather seats and suede type leather cover almost everything. The seat is snug, which I like and how it should be, even the back bucket seats are snug and comfortable. It is pretty roomy for being just a two door. The car feels wide and natural. Everything seems to be in the right position and very ergonomicaly designed. The pedals were spaced close enough for heel toe but not on top of each other. I took her through a city area then onto the highway. It was rainning out so I couldnt play too much with the car salesman in the car with me.

Through the city it did fine and the tranny shifts great. The throws are a little longer than I like but not bad. It is a six speed which is very nice since that big V-8 gets thirsty. At idle with the windows down you can hear the exhaust but it doesnt really get loud till after 4Gs, thats when you realize what your playing with. So after a little messing around on the city streets I learned it handles bumps very well and could be a little hard to get used to parallel parking due to the way the hood slopes but its nothing you couldnt get the hang of.

After playing around there for abit I asked if I could open it up on the highway and he said that it was alright but not to take the TCS off. I agreed so we headed for the highway. I was able to do my normal complete stop at the bottom of the ramp so I could be up to speed to merge with traffic. I didnt rev high and dropped it but I eased into and gunned it. First into second the tires spun real nice 2nd into 3rd was even better but even with the traction control the rear slid a little. By that time I had merged with traffic and was moving pretty damn fast. I went into 4th and was doing around a 100 but that was when the salesman asked me to back off. So I obliged and did some simple follow the speed limit then downshift to pass and I really enjoyed every minute of it. The car is pretty damn cool to drive. It makes up for the lack of looks in comfort and speed. I was thouroughly impressed.

The other good thing is since GM is trying to get rid of cars and make some money back I would be able to pick this one up for 28,500 which I dont think is a bad price for a 4 seater Vette. I still need to check the insurance on it which could be the killer. Overall though this is a great car and only lacks in the looks department. Im anxious to see how they will redesign the new model comming out soon. I would like a little stiffer suspension and more eye catching good looks but keep the interior simple like it is.

Overall--I think its a great car with so much life under the pedal. It will push you into your seat and snap your passengers neck, but it wont get you attention visually from anyone that doesnt know about what is actually under the hood of that car. As for maintenance Im sure changing a 6.o oil is expensive and the breaks just as much. Im not sure how easy they are to work on either. So that could be a draw back later on down the line. But if you live in the now its a FUN car!!! hmmm... is it a daily driver though?????
I dont think so.

Ok next is the SRT-4
Old 12-28-2005, 07:47 PM
Registered member

Originally Posted by greygti
I was suggesting driving the new one.

As for the EVO talk earlier, I'm sure one can be had for under the sticker. I've seen plenty of dealers selling them online when I happen across the EVO boards.

Well if I can find a dealer with one on the lot Ill drive the EVO(there is one on the local lot but they wont let anyone test drive it) and I would like to find a Civic SI as well. Dealers here where Im at are limited on what they have right now. .. Oh and I will drive the new Miata... or MX-5..excuse me LOL
Old 12-28-2005, 08:37 PM
Yup, jolly poopbuggy

The GTO would be a fine daily driver. They get great gas mileage and it wouldn't be any more expensive to maintain (oil changes) than any other LSx motor'd car. If I were you, that'd be the car I'd pick as of now.