Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Switchblade Key mod

Old 08-24-2007, 07:32 PM
Taking the shot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
QwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these parts
Default Switchblade Key mod

I was looking for a new key for my car (96 mustang) and started to wonder if there was a way to upgrade to a switch blade type key found in mostly in european cars such as volvos, bmws, volkswagon, etc. So were as there is no direct switchblade key fob made for my car, go figure, i did find this interesting mod on a volvo website. Now my car dosen't have power door locks or an alarm system so i figure i wont eve have change over anything but its still interesting to see done. Hardest thing to do is to find a black switch blade key with no car symbol on the outside

http://forums.swedespeed.com/zerothread?id=62114
Old 08-24-2007, 09:21 PM
face is vanilla

Vanilla Face Vanilla Face Vanilla Face Vanilla Face Vanilla Face Vanilla Face Vanilla Face Vanilla Face Vanilla Face Vanilla Face Vanilla Face
Default Re: Switchblade Key mod

I would like to switch to the no key/detect that shit in your pocket system. It doesn't seem like it would be that hard, I already have the engine start button.
Old 08-24-2007, 09:57 PM
Taking the shot

QwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by Rprsntng757
I would like to switch to the no key/detect that shit in your pocket system. It doesn't seem like it would be that hard, I already have the engine start button.
Well i do know they have the keyless ones for the Volkswagon Passat on Ebay maybe you can rig that up to work.
Old 08-24-2007, 10:08 PM
Registered Member

kev946 has disabled reputation

it is possible to rig a vw key to work with a regular car key, a friend of mine had done it, just involves a little cutting
Old 08-24-2007, 10:11 PM
Taking the shot

Originally Posted by kev946
it is possible to rig a vw key to work with a regular car key, a friend of mine had done it, just involves a little cutting
what do u mean work with a regular car. You mean will a VW flip key work on a regular car or do you mean can you put the key from you regular key into a VW flip case?
Old 08-24-2007, 11:04 PM
Registered Member

you can put your regular key into the vw flip case, just need to get a vw key, and theres a small pin you have to remove to get the vw laser cut key off, then just have to do a little custom fab to your regular key to get it to go where the vw key was
Old 08-24-2007, 11:25 PM
Taking the shot

Originally Posted by kev946
you can put your regular key into the vw flip case, just need to get a vw key, and theres a small pin you have to remove to get the vw laser cut key off, then just have to do a little custom fab to your regular key to get it to go where the vw key was
o ok, ya sounds like it wouldnt be too hard. This write-up is more for people who are trying to transfer over their alarm and remote keyless entry. Although you dont have to transfer over your original key they sell blank flip keys that all you have to do is get a key place to copy your original that probly easier then actually changing over your orginial.
Old 08-24-2007, 11:38 PM
Registered Member

Thumbs up Re: Switchblade Key mod

Originally Posted by QwanSanchez
o ok, ya sounds like it wouldnt be too hard. This write-up is more for people who are trying to transfer over their alarm and remote keyless entry. Although you dont have to transfer over your original key they sell blank flip keys that all you have to do is get a key place to copy your original that probly easier then actually changing over your orginial.
ohhh, ok hah
Old 08-25-2007, 02:37 AM
...pulls trailer!!!

TurboEG8 TurboEG8 TurboEG8 TurboEG8

i can do it ive done it before on a dx civic as well as converting to power locks with a 4dr lock kit like ive done on my car
first off i got the alarm system with the transmitter that has the flip out key bad news was they sent me a nissan key so i removed the key from the TX and got a copy of the customers key and cut it to the shape of the key that came with it then re-assembled the TX and away he went pm me for more info like where to get the alarm and how to conv. power locks