Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Supra Guys

Old 10-25-2004, 08:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PyAri PyAri PyAri PyAri PyAri PyAri PyAri PyAri PyAri PyAri PyAri
Default Re: Supra Guys

Originally Posted by zexpwrd4door
So then on that note is 12k for a Supra like i described a good deal?
I hope you are joking.
Old 10-25-2004, 08:10 AM
Wanna taste?

Dirk Dickbutt Dirk Dickbutt Dirk Dickbutt Dirk Dickbutt Dirk Dickbutt Dirk Dickbutt Dirk Dickbutt Dirk Dickbutt Dirk Dickbutt Dirk Dickbutt Dirk Dickbutt

Girls in supras......Cathy!!!
Old 10-25-2004, 08:58 AM
---->>>|<<<----

El Cid is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by NEO_WRX
i'm not trying to sound negative here..but i'd be cautious of a 97 TT for 12k. I was looking into Supras before i got my WRX and the cheapest thing i could find was a NA/auto for 17k. Unless the person selling is a complete moron and has no idea what they have, there has to be something w/ the history of the vehicle. Than again, if everything is clean your one lucky bastard. good find Thomas.
Yep - definitely worth doing some careful research. If it sounds too good to be true it probably is. And while Carfax is helpful, it is not reliable. I ran a Carfax on my 2001 Mustang a year and a half after Ford was forced to buy it back. It did not show the buy back and it did not show the accident. The accident was reported to my insurance, the police filed a report and the Ford dealer's body shop did the work, so it should have been in the report.

If it's local, take it to a garage you trust that really knows imports. If the deal is legit you have found a goldmine.

I'm curious though... what color is it? If you say Royal Sapphire Pearl (RSP) then it probably is too good to be true. That's the most sought after color for these cars.

Good luck - I hope it works out, but to answer your original question.. 120k miles on one of these cars is nothing to worry about. Just do the compression test, etc. like folks have already mentioned.
Old 10-25-2004, 01:56 PM
Tom

Tom Tom Tom Tom Tom Tom

i hope you didn't find this "deal" on ebay or anything. seriously though, that price sounds like the exact price they put on those scams. maybe the guy is in the military and is just selling it for what he owes? just a guess, thats how a lot of people get really good deals.
Old 10-25-2004, 07:40 PM
sounds like a semi

Homemade WRX Homemade WRX Homemade WRX Homemade WRX Homemade WRX Homemade WRX Homemade WRX Homemade WRX Homemade WRX Homemade WRX Homemade WRX

if it hasn't been beaten up or abused, the simple answer is it's a toyota...it's fine, stil compression test it though
Old 10-25-2004, 08:02 PM
Ghost

MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF

It's a totalled title, guaranteed. When I was selling my car, I looked at the other cars on eBay and about 75% of them were totalled or rebuilt titles. Sounds like you found one of them.

Old 10-25-2004, 08:42 PM
R E U P Gang

zexpwrd4door zexpwrd4door zexpwrd4door zexpwrd4door zexpwrd4door zexpwrd4door zexpwrd4door zexpwrd4door zexpwrd4door

its not on ebay merf....i found it on autotrader?
Old 10-25-2004, 08:58 PM
Ghost

MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF

I would still be getting an accurate Carfax with proof of VIN...I saw just as many re-builts on Autotrader.
Old 10-27-2004, 11:08 PM

slither slither slither slither slither slither

Its a scam, no need to look any farther. I seen one the other day that someone had taken pics of EVERYTHING and doctored the VIN to look legit. If you have to ask, you allready know the answer.
And, FWIW, no miles dont dictate a POS supra(or any car for that matter)