Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Succesor to the Enzo

Old 09-22-2007, 09:01 AM
+RepCarebearCrew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers!
Default Succesor to the Enzo

We just told you about the upcoming Enzo replacement based on the Millechili concept a few days ago, but now we have a few more juicy rumors to share. Informed sources tell us that the upcoming replacement for Ferrari's Enzo supercar will take a different tack. As was reported earlier, it is believed that Ferrari wants to go with a smaller dimension vehicle featuring a smaller displacement engine. We're not sure of the dimensions or weight, but at least in the engine bay we should see a reduction over the current supercar. It is believed to be powered by a V8, unlike the Enzo's 6.0L V12. Not to be outdone by the likes of Bugatti and Koenigsegg, however, rumor has it this new Ferrari (F60?) will feature a pair of turbos feeding that V8, resulting in somewhere around 900 HP. Even with a vehicle weighing about the same as the Enzo, 900 HP would produce staggering performance. Early word was a 500 HP target figure, but the 900 number seems to be pretty firm according to our source. We'll keep our ears open for any other details we might hear about the possible Enzo successor.

FROM: http://www.autoblog.com/2007/09/20/f...twin-turbo-v8/

I think its bad ass, but ugly
Old 09-22-2007, 09:23 AM
HNIC

Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker.
Default Re: Succesor to the Enzo

thing looks tiny as hell.
Old 09-22-2007, 09:34 AM
Fanboi

Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B

Wow... that tiny thing, all carbon fiber, w/ 900 HP!
Old 09-22-2007, 09:59 AM
HHIC

Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite

We'll see about that 900hp claim. That's a big jump over the current number. From what I've gathered, ferrari wants to gain performance through lighter weight. I wouldn't be suprised to see a smaller displacement, lighter weight V8 with a couple of variable geometry turbos making somewhere around 600hp. I'd like to see Ferrari stay with n/a motors but with the rumors of F1 going back to turbo motors sometime soon, I wouldn't be suprised to see Ferrari start playing with turbo street cars again.

Hmmmmm.... ~2500lbs and a twin turbo V8 with 600hp and a plateau flat torque curve... mmmm
Old 09-22-2007, 11:23 AM
Autophobic

CivicDuty has much to be proud ofCivicDuty has much to be proud ofCivicDuty has much to be proud ofCivicDuty has much to be proud ofCivicDuty has much to be proud ofCivicDuty has much to be proud ofCivicDuty has much to be proud ofCivicDuty has much to be proud ofCivicDuty has much to be proud ofCivicDuty has much to be proud ofCivicDuty has much to be proud of

the FXX in the background looks better

Last edited by CivicDuty; 09-22-2007 at 12:41 PM.
Old 09-22-2007, 11:30 AM
Wanna taste?

Dirk Dickbutt Dirk Dickbutt Dirk Dickbutt Dirk Dickbutt Dirk Dickbutt Dirk Dickbutt Dirk Dickbutt Dirk Dickbutt Dirk Dickbutt Dirk Dickbutt Dirk Dickbutt

Survey says.....

I'd rock one.
Old 09-22-2007, 12:31 PM
brake/steer/throttle

ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek

power-to-weight bitches!
Old 09-22-2007, 01:49 PM
Drink Up, Chumps

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

We have to wait another 6-7 years before the Enzo's successor comes out. So there's no tell what it's going to be or look like.
Old 09-22-2007, 06:23 PM
HHIC

Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite

Originally Posted by blah
We have to wait another 6-7 years before the Enzo's successor comes out. So there's no tell what it's going to be or look like.
Their whole "10 year" time frame is sort of out the window right now. I wouldn't be suprised to see some running prototypes lapping the nordschleife in 2 years.
Old 09-22-2007, 06:40 PM
Registered member

catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh

i vote: its ugly as shit and looks like a little toy

Quick Reply: Succesor to the Enzo