Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

subaru wrx

Old 06-27-2010, 08:23 AM
Pizza Delivery Guy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
supranite90 is infamous around these partssupranite90 is infamous around these partssupranite90 is infamous around these partssupranite90 is infamous around these partssupranite90 is infamous around these partssupranite90 is infamous around these partssupranite90 is infamous around these partssupranite90 is infamous around these partssupranite90 is infamous around these partssupranite90 is infamous around these partssupranite90 is infamous around these parts
Default Re: subaru wrx

bought mine for 9k...
Old 06-27-2010, 09:13 AM
Registered Member

Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher

Be honest with yourself. If your buying it with the excuse of "i need a DD" but secretly plan on modding it down the road then dont buy it. Buy an STI.

With that said...if you plan on keeping it stock then yes they make great dailys. Their fun to drive, get pretty good gas milage all things considered, and are reliable (again, given your not secretly some boy racer who launches at every stoplight because OMG AWD!!!!)

And 15+ for a WRX with that many miles is too much.
Old 06-28-2010, 09:03 AM
Registered Member

LifeMage LifeMage LifeMage LifeMage LifeMage LifeMage LifeMage LifeMage LifeMage LifeMage LifeMage

Originally Posted by Muncher
Be honest with yourself. If your buying it with the excuse of "i need a DD" but secretly plan on modding it down the road then dont buy it. Buy an STI.

With that said...if you plan on keeping it stock then yes they make great dailys. Their fun to drive, get pretty good gas milage all things considered, and are reliable (again, given your not secretly some boy racer who launches at every stoplight because OMG AWD!!!!)

And 15+ for a WRX with that many miles is too much.
i wouldnt be planning on modding it. no i am not a racer who launches i always laugh at the spoiled kids who do that. also i turned the car down the lowest that the dealership would go was 15000 with taxes and everything.
Old 06-28-2010, 09:44 AM
ken
UTRASP33D

ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken

just cause your modding a car or buy an STI doesnt mean you are a racer that launches at every excuse to launch. but if your serious about buying a DD and dont wanna get ripped off, and DONT do your own work on a car got to carmax and have them find you one. if you look at it from a more common sense view and your gonna leave it stockish, with carmax you pay what the car is booked at, and thier warrenty, if you buy it covers an obscene amount of stuff on the car. they replaced my window regulator, driver seat motor, mirror defrosters... pretty much a most of the car is covered in their warrenty. but thats just my opinion
Old 06-28-2010, 10:11 AM
Shortbus never came.

HerNameIsSway HerNameIsSway HerNameIsSway HerNameIsSway HerNameIsSway HerNameIsSway HerNameIsSway HerNameIsSway HerNameIsSway HerNameIsSway HerNameIsSway

Originally Posted by LifeMage
hey i am looking at possibly getting a 2006 subaru impreza wrx from a dealer for 15300 it has 75330 miles on it good deal and also are they good daily drivers? besides from gas eating me alive. any input would be great thanks Nik
I bought a brand new WRX in 2007 to use ONLY as a DD, and I love it. Mine is strictly a DD and I put all 60k miles on it in the past 3 years I've owned it and I have virtually no problems with it! I dont drive like an asshole and I do mostly interstate driving.

My car gets great gas mileage, WTF are you talking about? lol. I get about 26 mpg, but my lst car was an SUV getting 17 mpg lol.

i've been looking for about 6 months now i have been told by a few dealerships that i have to be 21 to test drive their cars...(i'm only 20 and i work as a paramedic at a hospital kinda funny to be told that) but i think i might try to talk them down again and see what they have to say.
Originally Posted by BasagPinoyToyo
I test drove mine when I was 18 but I had an employee in the car
They let me test drive an 06 STI in the parking lot only by myself when I was 19. I told the dealer that I was coming back in 2 hours with my dad to purchase that STI and he just shrugged me off. He had a shocked look on his face when he saw me return with my dad, only to tell me he just sold it 5 minutes earlier :-(

Last edited by HerNameIsSway; 06-28-2010 at 10:13 AM.
Old 06-29-2010, 01:17 PM
Registered Member

brfatal has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by HerNameIsSway
My car gets great gas mileage, WTF are you talking about? lol. I get about 26 mpg, but my lst car was an SUV getting 17 mpg lol.
Ya, if you're stock. The second you start modding it drops like a rock. I'm lucky if I see 20 mpg highway, and that's an improvement over what I used to get.
Old 06-29-2010, 02:05 PM
Registered Member

Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher

I got the same gas milage at 300whp as I did at 195whp provided I stayed out of boost for excessive amounts of time.

25mpg is good for a 300whp turbo car.
Old 06-29-2010, 03:07 PM
Slow as Shit

Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow

so what is everyones overall opinion? get the car talk them down what? wait pass the car up and fix my integra(needs new master cylinder new cv axles and such)
My professional opinion is do not get it unless you have repair and maintenance history and know what kind of owner had the car. WRX's/STI's with that kind of mileage tend to be beat. You do not know the original owners nor know what they have done to the car. They may have traded a problem in to get away. What dealer is selling the car? if it is not a Subaru dealer or a reputable Subaru dealer, even more reason to run.

That price is too much too.

Last edited by Woodrow; 06-29-2010 at 03:10 PM.
Old 06-29-2010, 04:00 PM
Registered Member

sbdunkz757 sbdunkz757 sbdunkz757 sbdunkz757 sbdunkz757

shittty ass deal dont buy it, try searching up for the vehicle you want on cars.com you will find way better deals

Last edited by sbdunkz757; 06-29-2010 at 04:03 PM.
Old 06-29-2010, 05:53 PM
Registered Member

sea6speed sea6speed sea6speed sea6speed sea6speed sea6speed sea6speed

For how many WRX's are listed for sale the asking prices are very high. Usually this means prices are very negotiable.

You can usually negotiate a better price from a dealer/seller further away from major cities.

I'm amazed at how high WRX prices are. When the 2009's came out with the engine upgrade, you could buy a 2008 sedan stick shift for around $22K new.

Quick Reply: subaru wrx