Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Stupid piece of shit IROC

Old 04-06-2005, 07:43 AM
Ghost

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF
Default Stupid piece of shit IROC

The car that I bought to somehow give me some inkling of a fix when I wanted to go a little faster than I can with the Xterra after being rid of the sexiest car I will ever own....broke.

(Enter Blaxican with a "sold the Supra for a redneck piece of shit" joke)

Anyway, I told myself no doing shit to the car for the first year just because it was solely bought to help us out financially....I swore the fucker could last a year without breaking down.

Oops.

So last night I'm coming home from a buddy's house and I make a turn and the car is "pushing" me through the turn. I don't think too much of it. So I pull into my driveway and realize I forgot something at buddy's house. So I back out, and the same weirdness is happening (now I'm realizing that the rear end is locked-up...Posi is turning both wheels the same speed).

As soon as I put it in "D", the truth becomes painfully obvious. "CLANG, BANG, CLACK" and whatever nonsense noises you can think of to represent it. I drove it around the block just to be sure it was the rear end and not suspension or tranny issues. Every time I gassed it, it would knock horribly and jolt the car.

So now I'm at an impass, but I think it will be for the better. After searching the 3rd gen forums, I discovered that swapping in the 4th gen rear end isn't too bad, and since I am already housing a set of 4th gen wheels in the garage, I might as well go with it. I'm going in totally blind of course, so any input (cue WS6) would be grand. The tranny is going the way of the junkyard these days, too....so maybe I can find a arting LT1 or LS1 auto and get the whole drivetrain....that would be sweet.

No, I'm not even close to attempting the conversion to T56 or even 5-speed, so don't bother, Mark or Joe...lol

Jokes may begin.

I hate life.
Old 04-06-2005, 07:46 AM
~

nickyroo has disabled reputation
Default Re: Stupid piece of shit IROC

9"
Old 04-06-2005, 07:46 AM
Kicking Ass

Brian T Brian T Brian T Brian T Brian T Brian T

You still need to get a Bitchin' Camaro sticker.
Old 04-06-2005, 07:49 AM
Registered Member

sprayn93 sprayn93 sprayn93 sprayn93 sprayn93 sprayn93 sprayn93 sprayn93 sprayn93 sprayn93 sprayn93

Nick has a 6-speed and a rear end out of his SS. I dont know how much he is asking for them. I will send you a pm with his #.
Old 04-06-2005, 08:45 AM
#XV

El Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by MerF
I hate life.
You know what to do Merrill:

Old 04-06-2005, 08:54 AM
Ghost

Originally Posted by sprayn93
Nick has a 6-speed and a rear end out of his SS. I dont know how much he is asking for them. I will send you a pm with his #.
Got the PM...thanks.

As for you, Tim.

Die.

As for reuter: The LB9 is God and all, but I don't think it's quite deserving of the process of dropping in the 9" rear...yet. Ok, ever.

A junkyard has a 94 MT rear for $250, AND they have a damn 5 speed out of an 86 IROC that they will package together for me (started at $500, but that's just the first number he threw at me)....damn, now I'm actually considering this?
Old 04-06-2005, 09:03 AM
Registered Member

FumingSmoked is an unknown quantity at this point

i liked your supra videos.
Old 04-06-2005, 09:05 AM
-8th Day Clothing-

Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck

U WRENCH IT had a few 3rd Gens last time I was there.

Definatly get up with Manny (WS6) hes your third gen guru and can tell pretty much whatever you need to know about a 3rd gen, he has done a 4th Gen rear end swap, so im pretty sure he could give you a few pointers.

Also may want to check the Fbody grave yard (online junkyard) and find out how much they want for a 4th Gen rear end, that way all you will have to do is buy those huge front spacers to fit your 4th gen rims up front.
Old 04-06-2005, 10:53 AM
FUCKIN MAGNETS

shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22

I'm gonna go ahead and tell you to do a LT1/TH400 conversion and a 9" with 4.11 gears. Nothing beats 70mph @ 4500rpm.
Old 04-06-2005, 12:21 PM
Ghost

LMAO @ 4.11 gears. No fucking way. I highway cruise the convertible man, gotta keep it within reason. 3.73s are just fine for what I would ever need.

Quick Reply: Stupid piece of shit IROC