Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Street Class Rules

Old 07-21-2003, 02:42 PM
HAM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat
Default Street Class Rules

I have a question.

Reading the rules for Street Class for battle of the imports, I came across this:

"In all Street Class Categories, the factory drivetrain and factory body panels must be retained."

I am wondering how people with gutted cars and swapped cars are allowed to run in this class?

Gutted cars aren't retaining all factory body panels.

The real issue that boggles my mind is...almost all swapped cars are not using the factory transmission.
Not to mention upgraded differentials and axles on a lot of the top cars.

What gives?
Old 07-21-2003, 02:56 PM
RIP Chris Schader

g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x

doesnt retaining body panels mean u cant race without a hood/doors/fenders or whatever? thats true about the swaps but they wont know anyhow
Old 07-21-2003, 03:15 PM
Zoomin' & Blingin'

Drop Top 13B is an unknown quantity at this point

Keep in mind, that a lot of the cars in this country that get motor swaps, are available elsewhere in the world with those engines. I can't speak for Battle, but I know that the SCCA allows engine swaps and crazy shit into stock classes if the car was available with the engine anywhere else in the world. Like a B16 CRX, or Turbo RX-7 Convertible.
Old 07-21-2003, 03:33 PM
Registered Member

Greaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond repute

no modification can be done to the interior if you dont run a cage. if you run a cage you can have the back half of the interior gone. no metal cutting allowed EVEN FOR CAGE INSTALL.

these rules are why you still see a front seat, front carpet, windwhield wipers and dash in my race car. i'm thinking about gutting the seat save weight(non functional seat) the underside of the dash is non existant.....no heat, no ac, no crash bar under the dash.

but then i put in a stereo and speakers hahaha

oh and to be competive in the street class, make sure you can run consistent 11's to qualify. i qualified 6th with the best run of my life with a 10.91@123. it was supposed to be an 8 car field that day but it got expanded to 16. the number 16 spot was a high 12

4 years ago i was qualifying 2nd and 3rd with mid 14's in power 4 class.
Old 07-21-2003, 06:10 PM
No Name Who?

Ninety7GSX has disabled reputation
Default Re: Street Class Rules

Originally posted by Heat
"In all Street Class Categories, the factory drivetrain and factory body panels must be retained."
I was under the impression that body panels were exterior like fenders, hood...

If thats the case how do carbon fiber hoods fit in there??
Old 07-21-2003, 06:27 PM
HAM

I thought about that too. Body kits as well.
Guess I'll have a ton of questions for the tech inspectors saturday.
Old 07-21-2003, 08:06 PM
master debater

blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout

it is so fucking hard to compete in street class. between greaser, shad, jason hunt, and so many others in the 10s, honestly you'll probably get more of your money's worth in power 4 or something along those lines that you qualify for.

and mostly the stock body panels refer mostly to fiberglass front ends and bodies and such. i'm not sure about the carbon hoods though.

that's why i'm trying to build a 12 second bracket racer. i'll save the heads up racing for grudge matches.
Old 07-21-2003, 08:36 PM
HAM

Getting a little frustrated here by people going off on tangents.

Just answer this example:

How does a gsr tranny and quaife on a civic fit into "All cars must retain factory drivetrain" ?
Old 07-22-2003, 01:07 AM
My President's black

MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait

whats the diff between power 4 and street class??
Old 07-22-2003, 04:45 AM
EEK
卐 Walnuts

EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK

Originally posted by blackout
it is so fucking hard to compete in street class. between greaser, shad, jason hunt, and so many others in the 10s, honestly you'll probably get more of your money's worth in power 4 or something along those lines that you qualify for.

and mostly the stock body panels refer mostly to fiberglass front ends and bodies and such. i'm not sure about the carbon hoods though.

that's why i'm trying to build a 12 second bracket racer. i'll save the heads up racing for grudge matches.

cant forget about stan and his 10 sec daily driven hatchy, also type-r racing(nu image) has a shit load of people in the low 11's

Quick Reply: Street Class Rules