Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Stopped Title?!?!

Old 11-16-2006, 09:49 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
seanazzy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Stopped Title?!?!

i got this car and tried to title it and they said the original owner (who lives 3000 miles away and i have no contact info) has to be there in person since there's a 'stop title.' i've never even heard of this but I got them to at least give me examples of why it would be and they said parking tix, unregistered, not filing sr22 etc. so, they won't give me info over the phone though...i'm telling them i'll pay if it's a couple parking tickets, i mean i got it for next to nothin' and i just want to sell it...any ideas of how to get this taken care of?
Old 11-17-2006, 03:00 AM
-RepLegion

Rosco The Iroc Rosco The Iroc Rosco The Iroc Rosco The Iroc Rosco The Iroc Rosco The Iroc Rosco The Iroc Rosco The Iroc Rosco The Iroc Rosco The Iroc Rosco The Iroc
Default Re: Stopped Title?!?!

I read this Thursday and looked and asked people about this and were stumped. You have more info? What state is the title in?
Old 11-17-2006, 07:34 AM
Registered Member

seanazzy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Stopped Title?!?!

it's va. i have everything. the title is signed over to me. i just need to know if i'd be wasting my 120 bucks paying the tickets if that doesn't necessarily clear the stopped title...f'n blower!!